Simplicity never goes out of style, but sometimes we crave extra interest and intrigue… which can be accomplished through Recipe Templates! Recipe Templates are scrapbooking stencils that serve as a guide to trace, cut and piece together a plethora of pretty projects in a snap. Today’s blog features the latest Quilted Knot Recipe Template, making way for an intricate, intertwining and clean line design. And when you pair it with some vibrant papers (like the Totally Tonal papers!), you’re in for eye-catching and professional-looking statements. (And definitely some “Oh my gosh, how did you do that?!” exclamations from people who flip through your albums!) See for yourself with blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu’s geometric scrapbook layout idea!
To create this layout you will need:
- Totally Tonal Papers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Totally Tonal Border Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Navy & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Quilted Knot Recipe Template or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a circle using the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Red Blade from White Solid Cardstock. Without moving the paper and pattern, trace the outside of the pattern with a pencil.
Step 2: Place the Quilted Knot Recipe Template to the middle of the circle piece and trace the sections of the template as shown. Cut out all the traced sections.
Step 3: Use the cutout Sections #1-6 as the template to cut the following pieces from various patterned papers:
- Section #1: Trace and cut four pieces. Flip the template, trace and cut four pieces.
- Sections #2-5: Trace and cut four pieces.
- Section #6: Trace and cut one piece.
Step 4: Cut a circle using the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Red Blade from Navy Solid Cardstock. Cut a piece of patterned paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ and add to the cutout frame.
Step 5: Use the template as the guide and adhere all the cutout sections to the navy circle. Add to the base.
Step 6: Adhere stickers, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Have you been playing around with the knot-your-average Quilted Knot Recipe Template? What are your thoughts of this geometric scrapbook layout with some totally vibrant hues? Share your thoughts, ideas and projects with us — we’d love to hear and see your creativity!