Ask any cat lover, and they’ll tell you that felines are just the best. From their adorably fluffy and whiskered faces to those cute mini mews and talkative meows, playful interactions like chasing lasers or patting at feathery toys (and cat videos across the internet surely prove they’re funny creatures!) and sweet snuggle sessions on the couch, cats are purr-iceless companions. (Added bonus: Owning a cat has been shown to decrease the chances of heart attacks and strokes, calm nerves and lower blood pressure.) Share the meow-ments with your kitties today with this cat scrapbook layout — it’ll have you feline fine!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Bark & Meow Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Cattitude Theme Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Charcoal & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: To create the kitty:
- With the outside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Red Blade, cut one oval from designer paper for the body (Bark & Meow cat sketches designer paper was used here). Using scissors, trim a little near the top of the body oval, both sides, to create a neck illusion.
- Trim another oval from the same designer paper using the inside edge of the largest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Red Blade for the head.
- From the same designer paper, cut curved triangles/ear shapes. Repeat this on a contrasting piece of paper (Cattitude pale pink copycats designer paper was used here), cutting smaller curved triangles/ear shapes.
- Adhere the smaller triangular/ear shape over the top of the larger triangular/ear shape. Position behind the head. Use Foam Squares to adhere the head to the body.
- From the same designer paper (as the body and head), cut two 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ pieces. Adhere one behind the body as a leg on a slight angle. Adhere the other at the same angle on top of the body with Foam Squares. With the inside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Green Blade, cut two ovals from Charcoal Solid Cardstock. Adhere these as paws to each leg.
- Using the 12-inch Decorative Trimmer, cut a wavy strip from designer paper (the same as the head, body and legs) to measure 3/4″ x 4″. Round the end a little with scissors and adhere this as a tail behind the body.
- Cut a contrasting piece of paper (same as the inner ears) for the end of the tail to measure 3/4″ x 1-1/4″, rounding one end and adhere in place. Freehand cut some strips of this same paper to act as stripes for the body and adhere in place.
- Trim a very narrow strip of Charcoal Solid Cardstock and cut into 3-1/2″ pieces. Using the Precision Point Adhesive Pen, adhere them as whiskers to the face.
- With the inside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and Blue Blade, cut two eyes from White Solid Cardstock. Adhere to the face with Foam Squares.
- With the larger circle and crescent moon cutouts from the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set, punch two circles for the iris and a crescent moon for the mouth with Charcoal Solid Cardstock. Adhere in place.
- With the heart cutout from the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set, punch heart from contrasting paper (same as inner ear and stripes) for the nose and adhere over the whiskers.
- From the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set, create a bow using the flower petal and heart cutouts and adhere below one ear.
Step 2: Trim 3/4″ off one side and the top only of a base paper. Align and adhere over a contrasting piece of paper so a nice even border is achieved. Trim another contrasting paper to measure 4-3/4″ x 11-1/4″ and adhere near the left side of the layout. Place border sticker down each side of it , making sure to trim off the excess length.
Step 3: Cut three photo mats from Beige Cardstock (from Cattitude Theme Pack) to measure (2) 4″ x 4″ and (1) 4″ x 6″. Trim photos to measure (2) 3-3/4″ and (1) 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″. Adhere the photos atop the mats and add to the page.
Step 4: Adhere the kitty and add stickers as desired.
Will you be making this too-cute-to-handle cat scrapbook layout? What memories and photos would you put on it? Type our your answers in the comments section below!