A little bit retro, and a whole lot of bright, colorful fun. That’s how I’d describe the new Bee Mine collection. Pair it with the new Daisy Bouquet Punch and the Arrow Border Maker Cartridge and you’ve got a party!
I had so much fun playing with the bright colors and patterns on this super cold and gray Minnesota winter day. It’s great therapy for the winter blues. Give it a try! You’ll be smiling in no time.
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Bee Mine Paper, Stickers and Embellishments
- Red, Royal Blue and White Cardstock
- Daisy Bouquet Punch
- 2-Way Corner Rounder
- Original Border Maker System with Scallop Dot, Arrow, Midnight Star, Crown and Picket Fence Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
Bee Mine Honey Border
- Using the scallop dot cartridge, punch a border with gold paper. Trim this piece to meausre 3-1/4″ x 12″ and punch the other side. Cut a piece of blue XOXO paper to measure 2-1/2″ x 12″ and adhere to the base so just the scallops are showing.
- Cut a strip of pink daisy paper to measure 2-3/8″ x 12″. Line the Daisy Bouquet Punch so that the short edge of the strip is about 1/8″ inside the edge of the punch. Punch. Turn the strip around, line the strip up so that the punched flowers peek out and punch again. See photo below. Turn the strip around and repeat four more times til the whole length of the strip is punched. Mount this piece to the border.
- Punch out some daisies from Red Cardstock and “fill in” a few of the punched out daisies as shown.
- Add Bee Mine Stickers to finish the border, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Forever & Ever Border
- Cut a strip of gold paper to measure 2-3/4″ x 12″ for the base of this border. Cut a piece of White Cardstock to measure 2-3/8″ x 11-5/8″ and a piece of geometric paper to measure 2-1/8″ x 11-1/2″. Adhere both to the base as shown.
- Cut four 2″ x 2″ squares of Red Cardstock. Using the corner rounder, trim opposite corners of each square. Add to the border as shown.
- Punch daisies from gold, daisy and white papers. Adhere to the red squares as shown, using Foam Squares to mount the larger daisies. Attach the “Forever & Ever” sticker with Foam Squares. Add Enamel Stickers as desried.
To the Moon & Back Border
- Cut a strip of geometric paper to measure 2-1/2″ x 12″ for the base of this border.
- Using the Arrow Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Royal Blue Cardstock. Trim to 2-1/8″ x 12″. Punch the other side with the Midnight Star Border Maker Cartridge. Tip: To hold the narrow strip in the border maker, attach a few post-it notes to the edge. See photo below.
- Adhere strip to the base and add the light blue dot border sticker to the top, trimming the ends into an arrow.
- Cut a circle using the gold paper and the inside of the medium circle pattern and the red blade. Cut another circle using the red lined paper and the blue blade. Adhere the “To the Moon & Back” sticker to the red circle, add Foam Squares and then offset on the gold circle. Add to the border as shown. Add “I heart U” sticker with Foam Squares.
My Sweetie Border
- Using the Crown Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Red Cardstock. Trim to 3-1/2″ x 12″ and punch the other side. Trim off the top edges of both sides, leaving a “postage stamp” look.
- Cut a piece of blue XOXO paper to measure 1-3/4″ x 12″ and a piece of pink hearts paper to measure 1-1/8″ x 12″. Apply to the base as shown.
- Mount the colored hearts border sticker with Foam Squares. Add stamp stickers with Foam Squares and the “My Sweetie” sticker as shown.
Make My Heart Go Boom Border
- Using the Picket Fence Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Royal Blue Cardstock and trim to 2-3/4″ x 12″. Cut a piece of postage stamp paper to measure 2-1/2″ x 12″ and add to the base.
- Cut a piece of blue XOXO paper to measure 1″ x 12″ and adhere to the top edge of the postage stamp strip. Add the XOXO banner sticker.
- Add the “Make My Heart Go Boom” sticker and heart/envelope embellishment as shown.
10 thoughts on “Bee Mine Borders”
Some really cute ideas!!
Great ideas n really cute
Love these borders! Such a great combination of paper, punches, and stickers!
Awesome tip on using post it notes to anchor smaller strips of paper in the border maker – I’ll have more fun with scraps now!!!!! And I liked the daisy borders – the concept can be applied to other punches – thanks
I swear I’m going to make borders my friend this year! 💗 These
Love the borders!!!!
Thank you for the tip of using post-its to enable using more narrow strips with the border maker!