Don’t you just LOVE new paper? I love to feast my eyes on new patterns, textures and colors. With the Outback Journey Paper Pack, my mind immediately raced to all the other collections I could pair it with. The Everyday Sentiments Embellishments from Countryside Comfort, travel stickers from Gallivant…and the list goes on. Here’s what I came up with!
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Outback Journey Paper Pack
- Countryside Comfort Paper Pack, Embellishments and Stickers
- Fur Buddies Stickers
- Forever Yours Embellishments
- Gallivant Stickers
- Navy ABC/123 Stickers
- Daisy Bouquet Punch
- Victorian Fence Border Punch
- Doily Border Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Sprout, Scallop Dot, Paw Prints, Arrow and Chevron Cartridges
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
Smile Border – Paired with Countryside Comfort
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of blue patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of bird paper. Using the Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge, punch each short end. Add to the base.
- Using the Sprout Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with both the green patterned paper and the brown wood paper from the Countryside Comfort Paper Pack. Trim 2″ off the end of each. Mount on the middle of the bird strip, slightly overlapping the green over the brown.
- Using the inside of the largest circle pattern and the blue blade from the Custom Cutting System, cut a circle with the blue patterned paper. Using the inside of the medium circle pattern and the red blade, cut a circle with the green patterned paper. Mount the green piece to the blue, slightly offset. Add the “Smile” embellishment with the Precision Point Adhesive Pen and the floral stickers, one with Foam Squares.
Zoo Border – Paired with Fur Buddies
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of green patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of koala paper.
- Using the Paw Prints Border Maker Cartridge and orange paper, punch twice in the middle of the paper, leaving space between punches and not punching on the ends. Trim out to 1-1/8″ wide. Apply some Repositionable Adhesive to one of the paw print sections and apply at an angle to the koala strip as shown. Trim off excess and repeat with the other paw print section. Add the koala strip to the border, 1/4″ down from the top edge.
- Add “ZOO” title with the ABC/123 stickers and “Love you to bits” and “Fur baby” stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
- Using the Victorian Fence Border Punch, punch a border with the navy patterned paper. Trim off the top and bottom so that just the grid pattern remains. Apply to the bottom of the order, 1/4″ up from the edge.
Floral Border – Paired with Forever Yours
- Using the swell edge of the Decorative Trimmer and lined up at 2-1/4″, cut a strip of red patterned paper for the base. Cut a 1/2″ swelled strip of blue patterned paper and adhere to the border 1/8″ in from the swelled edge. Using the floral paper, again cut a swell edge. Flip the paper around and repeat the cut, lining the paper up at the 7/8″ mark. Be careful to match the patterns up so they look like a mirror image. In other words, if you had your paper flush to the top of the trimmer on the first cut, you’ll need to have your paper flush to the bottom edge of the trimmer for the second cut when you flip it around.
- Using the Doily Border Punch punch a border with the yellow/blue floral paper. Adhere to the straight edge of the base. Apply the swelled floral strip to the border, 1/4″ in from the blue edge.
- Punch daisies using the Daisy Bouquet Punch from red and blue scraps. Apply to the middle of the border as shown, along with Forever Yours Flower Embellishments.
Wanderer Border – Paired with Gallivant
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of yellow/blue floral paper for the base.
- Using the Arrow Border Maker Cartridge, punch three times, alternating every other “slot”. Flip the paper over and line up in the border maker again. Note: You need to flip it over in order to have the arrows heading in the same direction. This time, using the Chevron Border Maker Cartridge, punch the other three “slots”. Trim the border out to 2″ x 12″.
- Cut three 2″ x 1″ pieces of red paper. Tuck behind the arrows. Cut a 3/4″ x 12″ strip of blue patterned paper and add to the border underneath the arrows/chevrons. Add this border to the base.
- Add the car sticker with Foam Squares and the “Wanderer” sticker to the border as shown.
Okay, there’s a start. What do you think? Any more fun pairings you can come up with?