a memory-keeping company, we believe your handwriting tells a special story – your story. So… want to see what yours says about you? Grab a pen and take a little test!
Now, for the fun part!
How Big Are Your Letters?
- Small (1.5-2.5mm): You tend to be introspective and can sometimes come across as shy. You’re focused, and concentration comes easily to you.
- Medium (2.5-3.5mm): You’re flexible and adaptable. You’ve got great emotional balance and see yourself the way you are.
- Large (over 3mm): You’re self-confident and have great communication skills. You are likely an extrovert who likes connecting with others, and you tend to do-first, think-later.
Does Your Writing Slant?
- Yes, To the Right: You enjoy socializing with others and are open to the world around you. You are ruled more by your heart than your head.
- Yes, To the Left: You tend to be introverted and may hold back your emotions. You prefer careful planning over spontaneity.
- No, It Doesn’t Slant: You tend to be logical and practical, guided by reason and seldom act on impulses. You are ruled more by your head than your heart.
Look at the Loops on Your L’s and E’s… Are They Full or Closed?
- Full for L: You’re relaxed, spontaneous and are great at expressing yourself.
- Closed for L: If your upstroke overlaps your downstroke, you’ve got a closed L. This indicates you may be restricting yourself in some way.
- Full for E: You enjoy trying new things and are open minded.
- Closed for E: You are unswayed by emotional arguments and tend to be skeptical.
Lastly, Look at Your S’s… Are They_____?
- Printed: You’re versatile and open to change.
- Pointy: You love to learn new things. The pointier the peaks, the more intellectually probing and ambitious you are.
- Round: You avoid confrontation and seek compromise. Some may consider you a people-pleaser.
- Open at the Bottom: You follow your intuitive voice and listen to your heart.
So, how did you do? Do you agree with what your handwriting says about you?!
Bringing It All Together on National Handwriting Day…
Okay, that was fun, but personality traits aren’t the only reason handwriting is so important.
Do you have a card from your grandparents, parents or a loved one that you’ve been holding onto for years? If you’re like most of us, you do. Why? Because they’re special to us. And why are they so special? Because of the handwritten message that was written exclusively for us. In some cases, it’s all we have left to remember a loved one by.
In today’s digital world, the art of handwriting is becoming rare. On this holiday, let’s commit to ditch digital for the day (you can do it for just one day!) and write something down in your own handwriting. Whether it’s sharing a story in a scrapbook or journal or writing a brief message in a handmade card to send to a friend, your handwriting is unique to you – share it with those you love!
Want to get started and make a card? Join us today and make your own with the Everyday Card Kit!
Let us know how you are celebrating today using #NationalHandwritingDay #CreativeMemories