Today I invite you to follow along and create your own January reflection page with me! Get cozy and grab a coffee as I walk through how to reflect on all your best moments in January using the Happy Album and my journal prompts. Keep reading to find a January Journal Prompt Challenge, my reflection page layout (spoiler: there is a never before seen Happy Album sketch included!) and a giveaway to win a Fast2Fab Album cover of your choice. Let’s have fun and get creative!
Can you believe we’re already one month into 2019?! As January comes to an end, let’s reflect on the month and prepare for the next! Taking a moment to look at the growth you’ve made, the progress of your goals and the memories you’ve made help us to appreciate all the HAPPY in our lives. Take this time to print off the photos you’ve taken of your special moments and use Kit #12 + Kit #13 (NEW!) to create a reflection page with my January journal prompts. Pour a cup of coffee, put on your comfy pants and grab your Happy Album – let’s create!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea of what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, journalling in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals, and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- Your favorite memory
- Your accomplishments
- What you did to make someone happy
- How did someone make you happy
- Favorite Song
- Favorite recipe you cooked
- What you want to improve on next month
- What you’re looking forward to next month
- What made you most happy
- Before the pen
I started by using Kit #12 and adhering the blue patterned designer paper to both pages using a Tape Runner. I then tore opposite corners off the notebook patterned designer paper and adhered the pieces to the pages for journalling. I cut the navy cardstock using the Trimmer and adhered it to the top of the first page. Using stickers, I spelled out January and used the flowers to make it pretty! You can get creative and title your page anything you want + use whichever designer papers you like best. This can be done using any of our kits!
2. Printing my favorite memories
Next I started journalling by answering the January journal prompts (I have such a hard time knowing what to start writing about – the prompts made it so easy and helped my creative juices start flowing!) I used my Canon Ivy printer to quickly print the picture I took from my phone. These photos are the perfect size aaand they have sticky backs. (WIN-WIN!)
3. It’s all in the detail
To finish off my January Reflection page I added pictures and more stickers (you can never have enough!). I used Kit #13 to add mini mats (the ones with the adorable quotes!) and peekaboo pockets. Check out the next image to see what’s hidden underneath!
4. My finished January reflection page
Ta-Dah! Under the Peekaboo pockets, I hid more journalling, photos and I even made a fitness tracker to help me stay on top of my goals.
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #HAJanuaryReflection
- OR you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- I used Kit #12 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- I also used Kit #13 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my January reflection page using journal prompts and Kits #12 + #13. I hope this inspires you to create your own January page filled with your accomplishments, favorite memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own January reflection page, make sure to share with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #ShareYourHappy
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure, traveling or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!