Ever since its release, Happy Album has been consistently coming out with new kits and products that are absolutely adorable and joy-inducing. These products add so much to your Happy Album, but what about all your 12×12 albums? Have you ever found yourself wishing that you could use a Happy Album Kit inside one of your other albums? Blog contributor Noreen Smith is here to help; check out how she’s incorporated bits and pieces of the Happy Album into her full-sized albums!
Have you discovered the Happy Album and all the super cute kits that go with it? I love mine for creating quick layouts to record all the things that make me happy, and I’m also using the Happy Album Planner as our family’s memory book for 2019.
I love the variety of kits that are available with their fun patterns and unique embellishments. Kit #15 has a whole sheet of versatile stickers and a fabulous “bulls-eye” patterned paper that I wanted to use on a traditional 12×12 layout. The papers in the Happy Album Kits are sized specifically for the Happy Album and measure 6.75″ x 11″, so it’s a bit of a challenge to make them work efficiently for larger pages.
To create this layout, you’ll need:
- Happy Album Kit #15
- White Cardstock
- White Script ABC/123 Stickers
- Original Border Maker System with the Rainbow Border Maker Cartridge
- 12-inch Trimmer
- Tape Runner
- Foam Squares
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
Step 1: Cut each patterned paper into a 3/4″ strip, a 6″ x 6″ square and a 4″ x 6″ rectangle. (Note: Because I wanted to use the middle of the bulls-eye pattern, I had to trim a bit off both sides of that paper.)
Step 2: Adhere the four 6″ x 6″ squares in a checkerboard pattern across two sheets of White Cardstock to form the base for your layout. This creates eight blocks to add photos, embellishments, journal boxes or titles.
Step 3: Decorate your page however you want! Here are instructions for the page you see above:
- Use one of the 4″ x 6″ rectangles as a photo mat on the bottom right side of the layout. Trim a photo to measure 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ and adhere it to the mat.
- Trim several photos to measure 4″ x 4″ and mat one of them onto another piece of patterned paper.
- Add blank sticker strips to each photo to write captions with your Black Dual-Tip Pen.
- Adhere White Script ABC/123 Stickers onto a 2″ x 4″ rectangle of pink patterned paper and outline them with a Black Dual-Tip Pen to make them stand out.
- Punch some borders with the Original Border Maker System and the Rainbow Border Maker Cartridge, then use the outer skinny scalloped strips to enhance the photos as shown.
- Add more stickers throughout the layout and cut the two green photo corners into smaller triangles to anchor the title.
If you love the Happy Album Kits, why not use one (or more!) of them in your traditional 12×12 scrapbooks too? There’s no reason to limit your happy to your Happy Album! What types of ways have you been using the Happy Album products in your full-sized albums? Let me know in the comments below!
5 thoughts on “Using Happy Album Kits on Your 12×12 Scrapbook Pages”
I love this idea. Thank you for sharing it.
Sent from my iPad
When will the Happy Album kits be digital???
I love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!