If you want to create unique layouts in your Happy Album but are not sure where to start, we’ve got you covered! It can be tough to put together a scrapbook page without any direction, but I’m here to show you how easy it can be. Keep reading to find five tips to create a new layout using Kit #16 (NEW!), a never-before-seen Happy Album scrapbook layout and sketch. Let’s get creative!
Although we include directions in each kit to create a stunning layout in your Happy Album, it’s fun to be creative and make up your own! I’m here to give you simple tips you can use (and change as you desire) to create a layout in your Happy Album that is fresh and fun. Let’s get to it!
- Print your photos and pick out the designer paper you like best from Kit #16. I like to print my photos first and create my layout after.
- Cut the designer paper in half so you have two different patterns on a page. This can be done horizontally, diagonally or vertically! It’s an easy way to create a unique foundation for your page.
- Cut a different patterned paper or cardstock to mat your photos and make them pop on your page.
- Use the laser die cut frames to accentuate and decorate your photos.
- Use the extra space to write down quotes and journal about your best moments!
I love coming up with my own unique layouts! For this layout, I cut the Blue Cardstock and yellow patterned paper vertically in half for the first page. Then, I cut the coral patterned paper horizontally in half for the second page. Lastly, I cut the remaining Blue Cardstock in half one more time to cover 1/4 of the second page and did the same for the leaf patterned paper. See how I simply cut pages in half to create both layouts? It’s so easy and took minimal measuring! This type of layout complemented my 2″x3″ photos, but could be altered to create endless layouts and pattern combinations!
There are many ways for you to make this layout unique; change the quote, use different patterns or change the placement of the photos. The end result regardless of what you try? A page that makes you smile!
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Travel Case or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun showing you a new way to use Kit #16 in your Happy Album. If you decide to create your own layout using Kit #16, make sure to share with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #ShareYourHappy
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure, traveling or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!