With April coming to an end, it’s time to reflect on our best moments! Do a happy dance because today I’m using Kit #16 to create a layout that’s so cute, you will have to add it to your collection. Not only is this layout fun and easy, it can be created using your paper scraps! That’s right – you will learn how to create a beautiful layout in your Happy Album using minimal paper. Follow along as I walk through how to reflect on your best moments and happy highlights in April with new journal prompts. Keep reading to find an April Journal Prompt Challenge, my reflection page layout using Kit #16 (yes, there’s a sketch included!), and a giveaway to win the White Refill Pages and Kit #17. Let’s create!
Hello and welcome to another Happy Album blog post! This month I’m using Kit #16 (NEW!) to create a simple and vibrant layout! I had so much fun creating my monthly highlight page and I can’t wait to see how you create yours! This is the time to appreciate all the HAPPY in your life, the memories you made and appreciate all the good things in our lives. The Happy Album is here to help you tell your story! You will love looking back on each month at the end of the year. Today I show you how you can create an exciting layout by using minimal paper and the Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge. Let the sunshine in, pour yourself a cup of tea and grab your Happy Album. Let’s create!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea of what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, writing in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- Weekly highlights
- Special moment
- A new recipe you tried
- Progress of your 2019 goals
- A new place you visited
- A proud moment
- What you want to make more time for next month
- What you want to improve on next month
- What you’re looking forward to next month
1. Before The Pen
First, I added White Refill pages to my Happy Album – this gives you a clean space for journal entries! Next, using the Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge with the Border Maker System, I created the same pattern on the yellow patterned paper and Dusk Blue Cardstock. Then, I cut the chevron patterns into four 6.75 x 1.5 inch strips. Lastly, I cut two 1/2 inch strips of the coral patterned paper and adhered all the pieces as shown in the photo above. This layout is simple, fun and gives you plenty of room for photos and writing. Here’s an idea – create this layout with extra paper scraps you have laying around!
2. Picture PerfectI printed all my photos to be 2 x 3 and 2 x 2 inches. I adhered them spaciously to give myself plenty of room to write about the highlights of my month. Next, I used the adorable die cut laser frames to accentuate my photos! See how cute they are?
3. Weekly HighlightsTo finish my April highlight page, I decided to break up my writing by week. This helped me to easily write down my thoughts! I added a picture or two for each week, wrote about the moments that made me happiest and answered my April journal prompts. I even added in some doodles around my photos for fun!
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #AprilHappyAlbum
- OR you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by 5/30 to be entered.
Congratulations to Mandee Shirley for winning the March Reflection Challenge with Happy Album Kit #15!
To be entered to win April’s challenge and have your layout showcased in next month’s reflection email, be sure to post your photo on Instagram using #AprilHappyAlbum or find the blog post on the Creative Memories Facebook page!
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- I used Kit #16 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my April reflection page using my new journal prompts and Kit #16. I hope this inspires you to create your own April page filled with your accomplishments, memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own April reflection page, make sure to share with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #AprilHappyAlbum
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure, traveling or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!
6 thoughts on “It’s time to create your April highlight page!”
Does com still have the pen to fix red eyes in photos?
No we don’t sell that anymore. Go to http://www.creativememories.com/user/eileenvierra to see all of our current product offerings.
I can’t wait to give this a try Sadie. I love your journal prompts too and how you doodled around the photos.
Thank you Eileen! It’s a fun way to document your year. Doodling around your photos gives them a nice pop on the page! I can’t wait to see how you create your April highlight page!
Is this where I’m supposed to put my April highlight page? I don’t see where I can put my photo of my page?