The Memorial Day holiday in the United States is the perfect opportunity to take a step back from the bustle of everyday life and offer gratitude for those who have fought and fallen in order to bring and maintain freedom for those who live there. In today’s post, check out the patriotic Memorial Day scrapbook layout made by CM Advisor Janet Ramos and think of what memories you’d like to display with pride.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Designer Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Red & White Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Rainbow & Star Border Maker Cartridges or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tulips Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Using the sketch as a starting point, punch a piece of blue patterned paper (Outdoor Blues Paper Pack is featured in the layout above) with the Rainbow Border Maker Cartridge. Trim the border to include an extra 1-1/4″ of space.
Step 2: Punch another border with White Cardstock and attach with the humps going the same direction. Then, punch again with Red Cardstock and trim to leave an extra 1-1/4″ of space on both borders. Attach the red border over the white border with the humps going in the opposite direction. Then, attach the whole piece to the top of the page.
Step 3: Cut two photo mats using blue patterned paper to measure 6-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and adhere your photos.
Step 4: Cut a journal box to measure 2-1/8″ x 6″ and journal.
Step 5: Punch a border with the Tulips Border Punch and Red Cardstock. Trim and adhere to the bottom of the page.
Step 6: Using the Star Border Maker Cartridge, punch one strip and use the “scrap” stars to decorate your page.
So there you have it – a beautiful patriotic scrapbook layout that you can use to share your memories with pride! If you live in the United States, what are you doing to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday? If you live elsewhere, what themes could you use this layout for? Let us know in the comments below!
One thought on “Cherish Memories Made with this Memorial Day Scrapbook Layout”