Welcome to the NSD 2020 Worldwide Virtual Crop! This weekend, we’re going to celebrate National Scrapbook Day the only way we know how — with crafting, creativity and connection! Who’s ready to get this weekend started? We know we are — it’s time for Challenge #1!
Creative Memories Advisors and Home Office Staff from around the world have created layouts for YOU! Every four hours for the next three days you will receive a new sketch to create. Review all posting times here.
If it’s your first time participating in a Virtual Crop and you’d like a quick walk-through of what to expect before we get started, you can get the 411 on Virtual Crops here, including how to participate, what you’ll need, examples of challenges and more. Read this post in Japanese ⇒ 日本語はこちらです
To Start, Let’s Talk Post Approvals & Security
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A FREE EVENT. If you see anything asking you to enter credit card information, it is NOT LEGITIMATE.
Due to spam posts because of the popularity of our virtual events, we have had to change our virtual events so that each post submitted must be approved by an admin.
- The Home Office team will approve your post as quickly as possible. During challenge times (posted here), please give the US/CA team 15 minutes to approve your post. After challenge hours, please give the team 4 hours to approve your post.
- All posts submitted from now through the 11:59pm CT deadline on Sunday will be reviewed and approved prior to the winner selection on Thursday, May 7.
- Thank you! This is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of this event for everyone!
Japanese Translation: このイベント内で、クレジットカード情報を取得しようとするスパムコメントが投稿されています。本イベントは無料ですので、クレジットカード番号を聞かれても決して入力しないでください。
The Prize for All 12 Challenges
The prize for all 12 challenges of the NSD Worldwide Virtual Crop will be the exclusive 12×12 Periwinkle Triflora Album Cover. Prizes will be awarded to two participants in each challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident that you have used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prizes will be announced on Thursday, May 7, at 3pm CT.
Worldwide Virtual Crop Challenge #1:
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post the photo of your completed page, spread, border or card to the NSD Worldwide Virtual Crop Facebook Event Page AND add #CM1, #CM2, #CM3, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge that you are submitting. No words needed, just stick to the hashtag CM with numbers as this is a bilingual event! Feel free to use other hashtags as well, such as #NSDWWVC2020 or #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #CM1, #CM2, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #NSDWWVC2020 AND #CM1, #CM2, etc., so your post can be found.
- You have the entire event to submit all 12 challenges (some will post while you are sleeping). To see your final deadline date and time, check when your Facebook event ends; this will show you the date and time in your time zone. View challenge times in your time zone here. Keep refreshing the Facebook Event Page to see others’ masterpieces!
TUTORIAL: Learn how to create a hidden journal feature, along with a fun way to use the Camera Love Punch with Advisor Leslie Hauge.
Leslie Hauge is from Minnesota. She tells everyone she knows that she has three jobs — a full-time job as an employee of the local county human services office, her favorite job as a Creative Memories Advisor and her most important job as a wife to her husband, Troy, and a dog-mom to two dogs. She started scrapbooking in 2002, and her mom asked her to attend a Creative Memories event with her. She joined as an Advisor in November 2014. Creative Memories has allowed her to grow a community that supports and builds each other up through life’s twists and turns … all while sharing memories and stories told through their photos!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Picture This! Paper Pack
- Picture This! Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack
- Picture This! Stickers
- Picture This! Embellishments
- White Cardstock
- Camera Love Punch
- NEW 4×6 CM Photo Prints
- 12-inch Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System
- Largest Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern
- 13×13 Custom Cutting System Mat
- Red & Green Custom Cutting System Blade Cartridges
- Tape Runner
- Repositionable Tape Runner
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
To create this layout, you will need:
- Creative Memories’ Custom Products Designer — create directly on the CM website — no additional software needed!
- Digital Spring Spring Medley Paper Pack
- Digital Best in Show Elements
Thanks for joining us! When posting your projects on social media, use #NSDWWVC2020 and #CreativeMemories to share your excitement!
Shop United States | Shop Canada | Shop Australia | Shop Japan
14 thoughts on “NSD 2020 Worldwide Virtual Crop: Challenge #1”
Leslie, how do you read the hidden journal bos after putting on a page protector?
I actually cut a slice in the page protector right where the hidden journaling is, then let it peek out so you can pull it out! Your x-acto knife or even scissor edges work fine.
That’s a great idea!
That’s what I do!
Thank you Leslie for the lesson and illustration. I will try this.
What a cool idea to use the “negative” pieces! Thanks.
I also want to know how you get to the hidden journal box…I use page protectors and that seems like a challenge! Cute, just not sure about practicality!
I have the same question–if you use the page protectors, it is not possible or practical to use a hidden journal box. The idea is good but???
I use page protectors as well. I was thinking I would put the hidden journal box close to an edge so i could still grab it there and pull out from the under the page protector. Just a thought.
Hi everyone! I got an answer from Leslie on the page protector question. “I left my hidden journaling loose so I can slide my hand in the protector and slide it out. But generally speaking what I do is put the hidden journaling along an outside edge of the page protector so that I can slide it in/out easily.”
Leslie-that is an adorable camera punch idea!!!
Thanks for the tips on how to include hidden journaling and still use a page protector.