What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop? How many photos should you print? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop and how do you participate? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on Virtual Crops so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
What Is A Virtual Crop?
A Virtual Crop is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete, and when you complete them and share them with us on the Facebook Event Page, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What Supplies Should I Prep?
What Are Examples Of “Challenges”?
Most challenges are single-page layouts, some are two-page spreads and some are cards or borders. We will post a sketch, and then you get to create it! Both traditional and digital layouts are accepted.
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example above of a sketch on the left and the finished layout on the right. Check out more on how to read a sketch here.
The following gives examples of what each shape on a sketch layout could represent but remember – it’s up to YOU!
- Dark rectangle or square boxes: Photos
- Rectangle or square boxes: Papers or mats
- Long rectangles or circles: Die-cut border embellishments, border stickers, BMC or border punch borders
- Other shapes: Embellishments or stickers
- Title: Large writing, large sticker with words or ABC Stickers
- Journal or lines: Place for writing and journaling
- Corresponding shades: Can suggest using the same designer paper, cardstock or mats
What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Prizes are Creative Memories products! We’ve been known to award punches, paper packs, embellishments, cardstock, album covers and more. We award the prizes randomly, but we make sure that all the challenge requirements have been met first (i.e., that the sketch was followed and that it uses CM products).
How Do I Participate?
Follow the simple instructions below or view step-by-step instructions.
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page prior to the event (the sooner, the better!).
- At start time, log in to the Facebook Event Page. There will be a link for a challenge in the Facebook Event “Discussion” tab.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here – to our blog (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step). The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog.
- Complete the challenge.
- Take a picture of your completed challenge and post it on our Facebook Event Page. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry. Continue to refresh the Event Page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
- Post your challenge to the Facebook page by 11:59pm CT on Sunday to be eligible for prizes!
We look forward to “virtually” seeing everyone at our next Virtual Crop! If you’ve attended a Virtual Crop in the past, what is the BEST advice you would give to a first-time participant? Comment below and let us know!
116 thoughts on “Get The 411 On Virtual Crops!”
What if I don’t do Facebook
Gerry, you can ask your CM Advisor, friend or sister to post on the event for you. They would join the event, you would send them a picture and they could post with your name in the comment section. If you win a prize, CM will know that it should go to you not the one who posted. I’ve done that for my mom.
Is there a way to participate in Virtual Crops without having a Facebook account?
Becky, you can ask your CM Advisor, friend or sister to post on the event for you. They would join the event, you would send them a picture and they could post with your name in the comment section. If you win a prize, CM will know that it should go to you not the one who posted. I’ve done that for my mom.
For the challenges of the layout it will be required to follow exactly? Like 3 photos instead of 4 or a smaller journaling mat or title? How much can you change on the challenges?
The sketch is a guide. Feel free to make it your own with the design elements and with regards to photo orientation and size. You can also rotate the sketch for a whole new idea.
firstname.lastname@example.org cant wait to get scrapping
Is this only for scrapbook page or is there cards?
Konnie, there will be cards or you can adapt the design element for use on a card.
Sad that you must use Creative Memories products to submit an entry.
It’s a CM virtual crop- of course you should be using their supplies to win THEIR products. I’m sure you could still post your layouts for the challenges- you just won’t be eligible for the CM prizes. Maybe you could check with the vendors that you do actual purchase products from and see if they are holding virtual crops- many companies are doing them now.
It’s CREATIVE MEMORIES – a business! Help these folks out with their businesses – good for the economy & the people! 😷
What if they are ‘older’ creative memories products?
Melissa, any CM products are fine…old or new.
Why is my credit card needed?
Barbara, that was posted by a hacker. A credit card is not needed. CM posted in the pinned comment about it at the top of the page.
I thought they changed it so that we could now use our Instagram accounts to “attend” the virtual crop.. is this not true?
It’s hard for me to keep track of the challenges. Please send them to me.
Hi there, Cathy! If you subscribe to the blog you will get notification emails for each challenge that gets posted during Virtual Crops as well as all of our other awesome posts!
What if I don’t do fb