What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop? How many photos should you print? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop and how do you participate? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on Virtual Crops so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
What Is A Virtual Crop?
A Virtual Crop is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete, and when you complete them and share them with us on the Facebook Event Page, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What Are Examples Of “Challenges”?
Most challenges are single-page layouts, some are two-page spreads and some are cards. We will post a sketch, and then you get to create it! Both traditional and digital layouts are accepted.
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example above of a sketch on the left and the finished layout on the right. Check out more on how to read a sketch here.
The following gives examples of what each shape on a sketch layout could represent but remember – it’s up to YOU!
- Dark rectangle or square boxes: Photos
- Rectangle or square boxes: Papers or mats
- Long rectangles or circles: Die-cut border embellishments, border stickers, BMC or border punch borders
- Other shapes: Embellishments or stickers
- Title: Large writing, large sticker with words or ABC Stickers
- Journal or lines: Place for writing and journaling
- Corresponding shades: Can suggest using the same designer paper, cardstock or mats
What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Prizes are Creative Memories products! We’ve been known to award punches, paper packs, embellishments, cardstock, album covers and more. We award the prizes randomly, but we make sure that all the challenge requirements have been met first (i.e., that the sketch was followed and that it uses recent CM products).
How Do I Participate?
Follow the simple instructions below or view step-by-step instructions.
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page prior to the event (the sooner, the better!).
- At start time, log in to the Facebook Event Page. There will be a link for a challenge in the Facebook Event “Discussion” tab.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here – to our blog (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step). The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog.
- Complete the challenge.
- Take a picture of your completed challenge and post it on our Facebook Event Page. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry. Continue to refresh the Event Page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
- Post your challenge to the Facebook page by 11:59pm CT on Sunday to be eligible for prizes!
We look forward to “virtually” seeing everyone at our next Virtual Crop! If you’ve attended a Virtual Crop in the past, what is the BEST advice you would give to a first-time participant? Comment below and let us know!