What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop? How many photos should you print? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop and how do you participate? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on Virtual Crops so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
What Is A Virtual Crop?
A Virtual Crop is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete, and when you complete them and share them with us on the Facebook Event Page, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What Supplies Should I Prep?
What Are Examples Of “Challenges”?
Most challenges are single-page layouts, some are two-page spreads and some are cards or borders. We will post a sketch, and then you get to create it! Both traditional and digital layouts are accepted.
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example above of a sketch on the left and the finished layout on the right. Check out more on how to read a sketch here.
The following gives examples of what each shape on a sketch layout could represent but remember – it’s up to YOU!
- Dark rectangle or square boxes: Photos
- Rectangle or square boxes: Papers or mats
- Long rectangles or circles: Die-cut border embellishments, border stickers, BMC or border punch borders
- Other shapes: Embellishments or stickers
- Title: Large writing, large sticker with words or ABC Stickers
- Journal or lines: Place for writing and journaling
- Corresponding shades: Can suggest using the same designer paper, cardstock or mats
What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Prizes are Creative Memories products! We’ve been known to award punches, paper packs, embellishments, cardstock, album covers and more. We award the prizes randomly, but we make sure that all the challenge requirements have been met first (i.e., that the sketch was followed and that it uses CM products).
How Do I Participate?
Follow the simple instructions below or view step-by-step instructions.
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page prior to the event (the sooner, the better!).
- At start time, log in to the Facebook Event Page. There will be a link for a challenge in the Facebook Event “Discussion” tab.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here – to our blog (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step). The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog.
- Complete the challenge.
- Take a picture of your completed challenge and post it on our Facebook Event Page. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry. Continue to refresh the Event Page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
- Post your challenge to the Facebook page by 11:59pm CT on Sunday to be eligible for prizes!
We look forward to “virtually” seeing everyone at our next Virtual Crop! If you’ve attended a Virtual Crop in the past, what is the BEST advice you would give to a first-time participant? Comment below and let us know!
116 thoughts on “Get The 411 On Virtual Crops!”
are we not using hash tags when uploading our photos as we did in the past??? If so that was not in the instructions. When did the rules change to current CM products??
I didn’t see this in past instructions. Thank for your answers and yes I am doing this event at my Croptoberfest…most scrappers love it even though we don’t like the random winners. Can’t wait!!!
Hi Renee – Yes we will still be using the hashtag to submit layouts. In order to be eligible to win a prize, you need to use current CM products. Of course you can still post layouts with older products. Glad you are joining us!
How do we use the hashtag?
What is the protocol for using the hastags? I’m not very tech savy?
Question. When you say current CM products how current are you talking about? In the last year? 3 months ago?
Renee Bischoff – may I ask where you are from? I am from the Johnstown PA area and I have 2nd and 3rd cousins in Johnstown and Bedford with their last names being spelled like yours? Just wondering – Thanks Carol Kuhar
Thank you for this. Are there any virtual crops scheduled soon?
Hi Diane – This weekend is the next scheduled one!
I never saw where it said you had to use current cm products either.
I saw it under What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Do people in NZ qualify for the prizes? We buy the product from the NZ distributor.
Hi Joanne – We would love for you to join us! Unfortunately we cannot provide prizes to NZ.
If i have a customer that doesn’t have Facebook, can she email me her submission and can I post it for her?
I just got home how do I get to each challenge
It’s a bummer that we aren’t all eligible to win prizes. My fast2fab album and coordinated products are a few years old but is still all CM. I didn’t think you had that rule previously and I’ve participated in every virtual crop you have had. Unfortunately, it will probably discourage participation by people that are behind in their projects.
I agree with Angela Fink! I participate in all the virtual crops I can. I used to be a CM consultant, and still have lots and lots of product. I still to this day, only use CM product. I think it is unfair to limit it to product that is within 6 months old.
Hey, they’re awarding prizes. they can make any rule they want. & part of the fun is seeing everyone’s ideas for the new products, so we can sell more!
Are Canadians eligible for prizes?
Yes they are :)
I have just recently started paper crafts – have never used CM products – so I don’t have any to use for your crop. Would be nice to have the opportunity to possibly win some to be exposed to your product.
Will be passing on your crop as I will be using my current supplies.
I just purchased maritime on the CM website and that is not within the last 6 months… shouldn’t it be longer than 6 months if the product is available since Maritime is just on the going going gone list?
I’ve done around 100 pages in 4 months
Can any product be used for the crop, or does it have to be CM products, i.e. papers, embellishments etc.?
The link for the border maker is not working
I have RSVP’d for the virtual crop . I am signed up for the blog and I am a CM adviser. i can get on the event site, i can see other people’s comments-but I can not comment at all! This happens every time. I sign up, I get the challenges sent to my email address, but I can not post or comment. I use my lap top, not a smart phone. Very frustrating!