If you’re an active smartphone user, you’ve probably used an emoji or two in your days. These expressive little guys, gals and icons never fail to put a smile on all of our faces, but have you ever thought to incorporate them in your crafting? Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu recently created some emoji scrapbook decorations, and she’s excited to share them — check them out!
Did you know the word “emoji” is Japanese? When I first heard “emoji” in the United States, I was surprised, but also felt so proud of it. Do you use emojis in your texts? If so, these emoji faces will surely brighten your page! If you don’t use emojis in your life at all, this page is still fun to create — who wouldn’t want to add these happy faces to their page?
To create these faces you will need:
- Black, Goldenrod & Scarlet Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Kissing Fish Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Camera Love Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Alphabet Stamp Kit System or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Using the inside of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Blue Blade, cut a piece of circle from Goldenrod Solid Cardstock. Use this as the base.
With the Alphabet Stamp Kit System, use an asterisk and angle bracket, or a lowercase “o” and angle bracket for the eyes. Use a parenthesis for the mouth.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses Emoji:
With the Alphabet Stamp Kit System, use a parenthesis for the mouth.
Using the Kissing Fish Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border from Black Solid Cardstock. Trim to make sunglasses using the All-Purpose Scissors as shown. Adhere sunglasses to the base and trim the excess.
Heart Eyes Emoji:
Punch twice using the Camera Love Punch with Scarlet Solid Cardstock. Use the heart shape for the eyes. With the Alphabet Stamp Kit System, use a parenthesis for the mouth.
Which one of these emoji scrapbook decorations do you like the most? Let us know in the comments below!