When the terrain begins to tuck away into a blanket of snow, many start dreaming of cold-weather getaways to quaint cabins! There’s something magical about escaping to a cabin in the forest — putting a slight pause on the hustle and bustle of life and turning to find wintry inspiration, a warming hearth and some breathtaking surroundings. Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu re-kindled her appreciation of the snow-swirling season by creating this winter cabin scrapbook layout! Check it out!
The coldest winter day I ever spent was in Canada when I visited Algonquin Provincial Park with my friends. It was very cold, but it was also the most beautiful winter wonderland I’ve ever seen. Do you have snow in your area? Where do you love to visit during the winter?
To create this layout you will need:
- Winter Woods Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Platinum Shimmer, Rich Brown & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Clouds & Icicle Chain Border Maker Cartridges or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of Rich Brown Solid Cardstock as the base. Cut the snowflakes patterned paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ and add it to the base.
Step 2: Cut the logs patterned paper to measure 9″ x 11″. Mark at the midway point on the 9″ side. Mark at 2″ from the top of the 11″ sides and draw a line connecting the marked points. Cut along the lines. Add to the base.
Step 3: Cut four pieces to measure 4″ x 4″ from the green flannel plaid patterned paper. Cut four pieces to measure 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ from the wood grain patterned paper and add to the green flannel plaid mat. Adhere to the cabin.
Step 4: Using the Icicle Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with White Solid Cardstock and again with Platinum Shimmer. Layer the platinum border under the white one. Cut the border in half. Add them to the top of the cabin using some Foam Squares.
Step 5: Using the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border from White Solid Cardstock. Cut the border to measure 1″ wide. Adhere to the bottom of the snowflakes patterned paper and trim the excess.
Step 6: Adhere a laser cut border, stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Will you be creating this winter cabin scrapbook layout? Where do you go during the cold days and long nights of winter? Let us know in the comments below!
13 thoughts on “Re-Create Your Rustic Retreat With This Winter Cabin Scrapbook Layout”
I really like this layout, thanks for sharing.
Very nice layout, thank you.
I really love this
Wow, love this layout, now wishing it snowed here!
so cute and a great idea, love it
Beautiful creative layout , Faysie, Southern Ontario, Canada !
This is great, gotta make it!
LOVE this one, Sachiyo!
Big and Bold…so creative! This layout grabs the eye! Thank you and cannot wait to create!
Love, Love, Love this!