October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign that first began in 1985. Fast forward to 1992, and this world health issue connected to what is arguably one of the most well-known symbols of our time: the pink ribbon. And whether you display those powerfully pink ribbons, participate in fundraising walks and runs, aid in helping a friend schedule a mammogram and other encouraging, I’m-there-for-you movements, this month is a key time for promoting breast cancer awareness and the importance of research, early detection, prevention and life-changing support. So as we enter the month of October, let’s pay tribute to the fighters, survivors, the lives that have been lost and the caregivers along the way and show awareness with this breast cancer scrapbook layout.
To create this layout you will need:
- Powerful & Pink Theme Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Ribbon Recipe Template (with Photo Labeling Pencil & Multi-Purpose Clips) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Pencil with eraser
Take a closer look at the Ribbon Recipe Template in the video below!
Step 1: Cut a 1″ wide hollow frame from the hearts paper.
Step 2: Cut the white cardstock insert from the Powerful & Pink Theme Pack to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the frame.
Step 3: Use a pencil to trace the paper pieces as shown using the Ribbon Recipe Template. Cut the pieces with the Micro-Tip Scissors and adhere to the layout.
Step 4: Use the Photo Labeling Pencil to trace photos as shown using the Ribbon Recipe Template. Cut the photos with Micro-Tip Scissors and adhere to the layout.
Step 5: Journal and add stickers with Foam Squares as desired.
How will you partake in Breast Cancer Awareness Month? What draws you in most about this perfectly pink breast cancer support layout? Relay your thoughts, ideas and stories with us down below!
One thought on “Represent a Symbol for Hope, Strength and Awareness: Breast Cancer Scrapbook Layout”
Love your layout, Karyn. Will have to try this one.