Happy 2023, Virtual Croppers! This year, the monthly Virtual Crops you look forward to the second weekend of every month will have some exciting new features that you’re going to LOVE — more time to complete the challenges, all sketches post together on Day 1, sketches will include MEASUREMENTS and there will be LIVE tutorials with Noreen during Secret Box reveals, to name a few! If you’re not already a member of our Virtual Crop Facebook Group, we’d love to have you join so you can take part in all the fun this year! Read on to get all the details.
Watch the Video to Start!
2023 Virtual Crops will take place starting at 5pm CT on the second Friday* of every month (except for the September Worldwide Virtual Crop, which will start on Thursday). You will now have until the following Tuesday** at 11:59pm CT to submit your challenge layouts. You can find all the dates*** below.
NEW Start Time: Fridays at 5pm CT
EXTENDED Deadline for Submissions: Tuesdays at 11:59pm CT
- Jan. 13
- Feb. 10
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12
- June 9
- July 14
- Aug. 11
- Sept. 7-9 (WWVC)
- Oct. 13
- Nov. 10
- Dec. 8
*Australia: Saturday at 10am AEDT
**Australia: Wednesday at 4:59pm AEDT
***Australia: 14 Jan.; 11 Feb.; 11 March; 15 April; 13 May; 10 June; 15 July; 12 Aug.; 8-10 Sept.; 14 Oct.; 11 Nov.; 9 Dec.
—Updates to Sketches & Posts—
We listened to your feedback in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group, so starting in 2023 you’ll see the following changes:
- Sketches include MEASUREMENTS: For the first time, sketches will have measurements for photo and paper sizes directly on the sketch! There will also be a downloadable PDF for each Virtual Crop with all the sketches and their measurements for you to easily reference.
- 4 sketch challenges: There will be 4 sketch challenges total per Virtual Crop — 2 one-page layouts and 2 two-page spreads. (Note: This does not include the Worldwide Virtual Crop, which will have 12.)
- Sketches all post together in 1 blog post on Day 1: For the monthly Virtual Crops, all 4 sketch challenges will be posted together at the same time in one (1) blog post and in one (1) post in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group at 5pm CT on the second Friday* of each month. (Note: This does not include the Worldwide Virtual Crop, which will post 1 challenge every 4 hours over 3 days.)
—Secret Box Reveals—
Everyone loves the excitement of opening our quarterly Secret Boxes together to reveal the products we’ve been waiting to see, and we’re stepping the Secret Box Reveal VC events up a notch in 2023! Product Development Creative Manager Noreen Smith will be doing LIVE unboxings and will teach a LIVE tutorial using the Secret Box products at the start of Secret Box Virtual Crops! You are not going to want to miss them!
—Virtual Crop FAQs—
- When are Virtual Crops (“VCs”)? The second Friday* of each month starting at 5pm CT. View all dates.
- Where do VCs take place? In the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- Who can participate? Everyone! All Advisors and customers.
- How do I participate, what do I need and what can I win? Get all the details in “The 411 on Virtual Crops” blog post.
- How many challenges are there in a VC? Starting in January 2023, four (4) for regular monthly events and 12 for the Worldwide Virtual Crop.
- Will there be separate blog posts for each of the 4 challenges? No, starting in January 2023, all 4 sketch challenges will post together in 1 blog post and in 1 post in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- Where can I find the downloadable PDF with all of the sketch challenges? You can find the PDF in that month’s 1 VC blog post and in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group during the event.
- When are challenge submissions due? By 11:59pm CT on Tuesdays** following the event.
- When are winners announced? Thursdays at noon CT following the event.
- Is there a live tutorial with Noreen at the beginning of every VC? No, live tutorials are only for quarterly Secret Box VCs and the WWVC.
Soooo — who is excited about these Virtual Crop updates for 2023?! Comment below to tell us what you’re MOST excited about!