We’ve got a treat of a layout for you today! We’re talking a three-tiered masterpiece of a cake, complete with candles, a little BMC icing and decoration too… Doesn’t that sound like a recipe for something sweet! Now, let’s dig in to this birthday scrapbook layout idea from blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu!
To create this layout you will need:
- Party Time! Bright Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Party Time! Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Kelly Green, Navy & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Poinsettia Edge Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of Kelly Green Solid Cardstock as the base. Cut the blue text designer paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ and add to the base.
Step 2: Cut a 5″ x 5-1/2″ piece from the polka dots designer paper. Mark on the right edge of the piece at 1” down from the top right corner. Mark on the bottom edge of the piece at 1” in from the right bottom corner. Cut along the line as shown. Cut a 5″ x 6-1/2″ piece from the green stripes designer paper. Mark on the left edge of the piece at 1″ down from the top left corner. Mark on the bottom edge of the piece at 1/2″ in from the right bottom corner. Cut along the line as shown.
Step 3: Using the Poinsettia Edge Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders from the small polka dots designer paper and two borders from Navy Solid Cardstock. Offset the polka dots patterned border on the navy border, so that it looks like the navy is a slight shadow. Add the border to the cake segments. Trim the excess.
Step 4: Cut out the birthday cake mat from the variety mat pack.
Step 5: Adhere the cake segments to the base.
Step 6: Cut three mats to measure 4-1/4” – 4-1/4” from the red line art designer paper. Cut three mats to measure 4” x 4” from White Solid Cardstock and add to the red mats.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and mats, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Will you be giving this birthday page a try? What do you think of the topsy-turvy cake design?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 30,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!