Hello everybody! Summer is starting to wind down a bit in my household. We have been spending less time at the beach and more time gathering things needed for the new school year, new clothes, shoes etc. Soon, soccer practice will begin and nights fighting with Edward to do his homework at the kitchen table will surely drive me a little crazy, but I am looking forward to it!
Last week, I managed to pull Edward off his computer so we could spend the day at the beach. It was during the week which was great because it was just the two of us. The weather was perfect and Edward was perfectly content and relaxed, playing in the sand. I love watching him enjoy the simpler things in life. I try to take lots of photos to savor the moments I love best.
I used the Slice of Summer Designer Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack and the Slice of Summer Stickers. For those of you who do not know me very well, I love patterned paper and I enjoy mixing different patterns together to create a fun layout. This layout came together pretty quick! Love when that happens.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Slice of Summer Designer Paper Pack
- Slice of Summer Mat Pack
- Slice of Summer Designer Stickers
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
- Personal Trimmer
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Foam Squares
- Tape Runner
While I was layering different pieces of patterned paper on my layout, I thought the green scalloped patterned paper would make a nice border for the left-side of my Journaling Mat so I used a pair of scissors to cut out the scalloped edge.
Once I had the patterned papers adhered to the base of the layout, I adhered my two photos to the journaling mat then I started applying the stickers all over the layout, using a few foam squares to pop the stickers off the page.
- Using the Straight trimmer, cut the rain drop patterned paper down to 11″x11″ and adhere it to the yellow patterned paper. Cut a 9″x12″ rectangle from the pink patterned paper, 1 6″x6″ square from the green and watermelon patterned paper. Cut a 5″x5″ square from the orange patterned Paper. Adhere all patterns as shown. Cut the green scalloped paper down to 6″x2″ to use as a boarder for the journaling mat.
- Add the watermelon sticker along the edge of the pink 9″x12″ paper by gently peeling back the watermelon patterned paper. Print 2 4″x6″ photos and use your personal trimmer to trim them down to 3 3/4″x2 1/2″ and adhere them to the photo mat as shown.
- Adhere stickers as shown, using a few foam squares to pop the stickers off the page. Tuck the scalloped edge to the left-side of the orange journaling mat using a tape runner.
How has it been in your household? Are you spending less time outdoors and spending more time getting ready for school to start in a few weeks?
Thanks so much for visiting today!