Whether you play the game or cheer in the stands, sports of all kinds offer some of the most exhilarating moments of our lives! Capture all the excitement of game day by snapping pics of the action, the players and teams. Try to include wide shots of the venue and close-ups of determined and focused faces. Add programs & ticket stubs, and journal all the highlights. Then pull it all together on your page layout with some action-inspiring borders.
Here, I’ve shown two options for each border. Feel free to substitute different sports and school colors. Go, Team!!
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Go! Fight! Win! Paper and Stickers
- Bookworm Paper Pack
- Black, Royal and White Cardstock (sub in your school colors)
- Original Border Maker System with Jumbo Jet, Zig Zag and Picket Fence Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- Tape Runner and Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
I Love My Team!
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of water/grass paper for the base.
- Using the picket fence cartridge, punch a border with black/royal cardstock. Trim to 2″ x 12″. Cut a strip of numbers paper to 1-3/4″ x 12″ and adhere to black/royal strip.
- Using the jumbo jets cartridge, punch a border with orange/red paper. Adhere to base and top with cardstock/numbers piece as shown, covering the jets so they resemble arrows.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 1″ strip of orange/red paper. Trim ends to create an arrow shape. Cut a 4-3/8″ x 3/4″ strip of black cardstock and add “I Love My Team!” sticker on top. Adhere to the arrow with foam squares and add to the border. Add desired stickers.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of ice/grass paper for the base. Cut two 3/4″ x 12″ strips of red/striped paper.
- Using the zig zag cartridge, punch two borders each with black/white or yellow/black papers. Overlap and adhere as shown to the red/striped strips. Apply to the base as shown to create a zipper effect. Trim off excess.
- Using the inside of the largest circle pattern and the blue blade, cut a circle with white cardstock. Add to the border as shown, trimming off the excess. Add sports gear as desired, some with foam squares.
- Add “Game Day!” stickers with foam squares as shown.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of black cardstock for the base.
- Using the picket fence cartridge, punch a border with orange/white paper. Trim to 2-3/8″ x 12″ and punch the other side. Cut a 1-7/8″ x 12″ strip of white/light green paper. Add both to the base as shown.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of floor/grass paper. Using the inside of the medium circle pattern and the blue blade, trim out a half circle from the strip about 2″ from the right side. Add to the border.
- Using the inside of the medium circle pattern, cut a half circle from black cardstock, first using the green blade, then (without moving the pattern) the red blade. Adhere as shown over the half circle cut out.
- Add basketball/soccer ball with foam squares, and then “Super Star!” and star stickers as shown.