No matter how old I get, Halloween will always be a fun and playful holiday to me. And the new Toil & Trouble collection is so fun and playful and colorful, it just puts me in the mood for tricks and treats! Making these borders was so easy and fun, I may just have to reward myself with a little Halloween candy from my secret stash…shhh!
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Toil & Trouble Paper Pack, Washi Tape and Stickers
- Original Border Maker System with Pumpkins, Zig Zag and Bubbles Cartridges
- Victorian Fence Border Punch
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
My Little Pumpkin Border
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of black & white striped paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of fence paper and add to the base.
- Using the zig zag cartridge, punch two borders and adhere them to the back of the top & bottom of the base, with just the points sticking out.
- Using the pumpkins cartridge, punch one border each with gold, orange web and black papers. Mount the black border upside down on the lower half of the base and the gold border right side up on the upper half. Mount the orange border on top with foam squares as shown.
- Add the cat, stars and “my little pumpkin” stickers with foam squares.
Sunny Harvest Border
- Punch a victorian fence border with the fence paper. Trim to 2-3/4″ x 12″ for the base.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of orange paper and a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of floral paper. Mount as shown on the base.
- To make the sun: using the inside of the medium circle pattern, cut a circle with organge paper. Using the inside of the largest circle pattern and the red blade, cut a circle with gold paper. Mount the orange circle on top of the gold circle. Cut triangle shapes from the gold circle as shown in the picture above. Mount behind the fence so half of the sun is peeking out.
- Using the pumpkins cartridge, punch a border with teal dot paper. Trim out a strip of five pumpkins. Mount the pumpkins/squash sticker with foam squares in front of the sun and add the strip of teal dot pumpkins as shown.
So Cute It’s Scary Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of black paper for the base. Adhere an arrows sticker along the left side of the strip.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of teal dots paper. Apply strips of washi tape at an angle to the lower and upper halves of the strip as shown. Trim the excess with scissors.
- Using the bubbles cartridge, punch a border with gold paper. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″ and add to the top of the teal dots strip.
- Using the inside of the medium circle pattern and the green blade, cut a circle with orange web paper. Using the red blade, cut a black circle. Mount to the border with foam squares and add ghost, spider web and “so cute it’s scary” stickers.
Spooktacular, Scary, Boo Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of black paper for the base.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of newsprint paper. Apply a hexagon sticker to each side of the strip, tucking half behind as shown. Mount to the base.
- Cut 1-1/4″ x 4″ strips of each gold, orange web and teal hexagon papers. To the bottom end of each add a black title sticker. Mount as shown to the border.
- Top with “candy! candy!”, treat bag, witch hat, stars and ghost stickers, some with foam squares.
Have a spooktacular, treat-filled Halloween!
14 thoughts on “Toil & Trouble Scrapbooking Borders”
Loves these borders, love the Toil & Trouble paper and accessories! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you made the shadow pumpkins!
Love your layout, thanks for sharing!
Cute borders, Krislyn! Love your pumpkin shadows and setting sun!
I love your layouts. I liked the Halloween CM products but wasn’t going to buy them. Now I might have to… Thanks for sharing. Lisa in Oregon.
Like you, I love Halloween time and i will rush to do some of your ideas. Thanks so very much. You do such a great service to us all with your prompt ideas every week.
I absolutely love the cheerfulness of these pages and borders, I really look forward to every one of your postings, thanx!
Love all the layouts and borders, thank you!
LOVE the way you used washi tape for a border – so simple yet so much impact!
Yes I agree too! Stunning..
This is really cute can’t wait to try it.
These layouts and borders are beautiful don’t know how I stumbled upon this page but sure glad I did. Thank you for the Fall inspiration!
Wow you are a very creative genius. Love this so much