So what happens when you combine the awesome Mix & Match papers with the adorable Sugarplum Collection and Holly Border Punch? Well, more adorable awesomeness, of course! Just in case any of you are craving a little traditional red and green or jewel tones this Holiday Season, I’ve added little pops of those colors from the Mix & Match paper packs. The Holly Border Punch brings it all together and gives the borders a festive feel.
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Sugarplum Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack, Pastel Vellum Paper Pack, Stickers and Embellishments
- Mix & Match Cranberry, Evergreen and Eggplant Paper Packs
- White Cardstock
- Holly Border Punch
- Poinsettia Punch
- Cherry Blossom Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Scallop Dot, Snowflake Chain and Zig Zag Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable and Vellum Refills
- Foam Squares
Holiday Treats & Cookies Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of evergreen striped paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of eggplant plaid paper and adhere to the base.
- Punch a holly border with both white cardstock and the light green dotted paper. Adhere to the lower half of the eggplant piece, slightly overlapping green over white.
- Place the gingerbread/treats border sticker on the upper half of the eggplant paper using foam squares.
- Cut a notch in the top of both a pink oval tag and a purple tag; slip around the holly vines as shown. Add the title stickers “Treats” and “Cookies” along with the candy and gingerbread stickers to the tags with foam squares.
Christmas Ornament Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of dark evergreen trees paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of pastel trees paper and adhere that to the base.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of Sugarplum pink dotted paper. Using the zig zag cartridge, punch two borders with dark eggplant paper. Tuck behind the pink strip so just the peaks show and mount that piece to the border.
- Punch a holly border with both dark evergreen trees paper and Sugarplum aqua paper. Adhere to border, overlapping aqua piece over evergreen piece.
- Add ornament die cuts as shown, mounting the purple one with foam squares. Add holly and “Christmas” stickers with foam squares.
Peace & Love Wreath Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of evergreen diagonal plaid paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of cranberry dot paper and adhere to the base.
- Cut two 2″ x 2-1/4″ pieces of evergreen tree paper and a 2″ x 7-1/4″ piece of poinsettia paper. Adhere to the base as shown.
- Punch a holly border with evergreen dotted paper. Cut in 2″ pieces and place along the seams as shown. Punch a snowflake border with cranberry dot paper, saving just the small flower shapes. Add a few to the holly sprigs.
- Mount the wreath die cut with foam squares to the center of the border. Add a sprig of holly and small cranberry flowers to one edge as shown. Cut banners from scraps and notch one edge of each. Add “Peace” and “Love” stickers to them and add to the wreath with foam squares.
- For the base: using the scallop dot cartridge, punch a border with evergreen pine bough paper. Trim to 3″ x 12″ and punch the other side.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of cranberry plaid paper. Mount on top of the base. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Sugarplum gold patterned paper and mount on top of the cranberry piece.
- Punch a holly border with both evergreen pine bough paper and Sugarplum green vellum paper. Adhere the evergreen holly down the middle of the border. Trim three sprigs from the green vellum holly and adhere as shown along the border.
- Punch three cherry blossoms using cranberry plaid and dark cranberry dot papers. Punch six poinsettias from Sugarplum pink vellum paper. Overlap two poinsettias over a cherry blossom (applying adhesive to the middle only of the top piece and bending each petal up slightly). Apply gems to the centers. Add flowers to the border as shown.
14 thoughts on “Holly Punch Holiday Scrapbook Borders”
These are beautiful borders. Thanks for sharing and inspiration. Can’t wait to make some.
So cute!! Love them!
Love, Love, Love them!! Thanks for sharing!!
These are so cute. Thanks for the inspiration!
like the holly/poinsettia border – would not have thought have putting them together – did buy the poinsettia punch after seeing your last idea of making a tree with them – cool!!
Patterend papers really caught my eye- thanks for opening my eyes to more possibilities!!
Great layouts! Thanks for sharing!
Wow, beautiful!!! Thank you..
Sugarplum is only for Christmas time or an be use for all year
Sheila, I really think the Sugarplum collection would be beautiful for any kind of pictures. The paper and Fast2Fab album, especially, are more non-specific in theme. Give it a try!
Hello, is anybody here interested in online job?
It is simple survey filling. Even 10 bucks per survey
(10 minutes duration). If you are interested, send me email to hans.orloski[@]gmail.com
I have checked your site and i’ve found some duplicate content,
that’s why you don’t rank high in google, but
there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique content, search for; boorfe’s tips unlimited content