Nothing makes me wish and dream of spring more than the gorgeous new Secret Garden collection! I could stare at the dreamy watercolor flowers in purple, aqua and green endlessly. Take a look to see what I came up with for some spring scrapbooking borders!
Something that makes the Secret Garden Stickers special is the new shorter “bar”-like sticker designs, some with notched ends. Also included are tiny phrase stickers, which remind me of special little secrets when tucked in a border! I kept these new designs in mind when making the borders.
As always, I love to see how the borders “play” on Fast2Fab™ pages! Read all the way to the end to see how they look on a few of the lovely Secret Garden Fast2Fab™ layouts.
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Secret Garden Paper Pack
- Secret Garden Stickers
- Peacock Blue, Royal Blue, Eggplant and Leaf Green Cardstock
- Victorian Fence Border Punch, Doily Border Punch and Teardrop Lattice Border Punch
- Double Heart Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Circle Weave Chain, Scallop Dot, Double Chevron, Medallion Frame Chain and Lace Scallop Border Maker Cartridges
- Double Wave Tearing Tool
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
“Your Own Kind of Beautiful” Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of aqua daisy paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of purple dot paper (cut strategically so that there is a row of purple dots right in the center of the strip).
- Punch a teardrop lattice border with purple paper. Cut in half lengthwise and tuck each half behind the purple dot strip, leaving the scalloped edges peeking out as shown. Adhere to the base.
- Punch a doily border with Peacock Blue Cardstock and adhere to the border so that the centers of the flowers match up with purple dots as shown.
- For the flags cluster, cut a 3/4″ x 2″ and a 1″ x 2″ piece of scrap paper. Lightly fold one end of each piece and snip the corner off, creating a flag shape. Tuck behind the lattice piece. Top with three sticker bars, cut in half.
- Add a variety of flowers and the “Your Own Kind of Beautiful” sticker, some with Foam Squares for dimension.
“Hello Love” Scrapbook Border
- Using the Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Royal Blue Cardstock. Trim to 2-3/4″ x 12″ for the base. Punch another scallop dot border with the watercolor paper. Trim to 2-1/2″ x 12″ and adhere on top of the base.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of butterfly paper. Notch the ends as shown and add to the border.
- Using the Circle Weave Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Royal Blue Cardstock. Trim to 9-1/2″ long. Weave the “Hello” sticker bar through the border on the left side, 4 circles in. Weave the “Love” sticker bar through the right side. Tip: It helps to remove the stickiness of the sticker with powder first. Mount this piece on the butterfly strip. Top with the heart sticker and hearts punched from the Double Heart Punch.
“Don’t Wait” Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 3-1/2″ x 12″ strip of aqua paper for the base.
- Cut a 3″ x 11-1/2″ strip of lavender paper. Using the Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge, punch the ends, being careful to align the punch on the strip so that full chevrons are punched.
- Cut 1/2″ x 1″ pieces of Leaf Green, Eggplant and Peacock Blue Cardstock and mount behind the chevrons as shown. Add this piece to the base.
- Cut two 2-1/2″ squares of small floral paper and add to the border as shown. Place the “Don’t Wait” sticker in the center and add the floral stickers with Foam Squares.
Medallion Floral Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of aqua daisies paper for the base. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of Eggplant Cardstock and add on top, followed by a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of purple floral paper. Finally, add a 1″ x 12″ strip of lavender paper down the center.
- Using the Lace Scallop Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with Leaf Green Cardstock. Adhere to either side of the 1″ strip, aligning so that the lavender strip shows through just the cutouts in the scallops. Using the Medallion Frame Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Eggplant Cardstock. Align down the center, nestling in the lace scallops as shown. Note: You will need to cut a tiny end piece off one side and add it to the other to match it all up.
- Cluster a variety of flower stickers toward the bottom, some with Foam Squares.
Mini Scrapbook Borders
Sometimes you just need a little somethin’-somethin’ on your page but don’t have room for a full-length border. How about some cute mini border clusters? Make several of these up to add to just the right spot on your layout.
Torn Border: Cut pieces of three designer papers to 4″ x 3-1/2″, 3-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ and 3″ x 3″. Using the Double Wave Tearing Tool, tear the bottom end off of each piece at an angle as shown. Layer and add a sticker bar on top, as well as a floral sticker with Foam Squares and the “Remember This” sticker.
Hearts Border: Cut a 3″ x 3-1/4″ piece of aqua striped paper. Punch one end with the Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge. Top with sticker bars (trimmed), punched hearts and stickers as shown.
Fence Border: Punch a border with the Victorian Fence Border Punch and watercolor designer paper. Trim to 4″ x 3″. Add sticker bars, “So Many Beautiful Reasons to Be Happy” and floral stickers as shown.
Using Scrapbook Borders on Fast2Fab™ Pages
Happy creating… and happy spring! Comment below and tell us which border is your favorite!
26 thoughts on “Can’t Keep these Spring Scrapbook Borders a Secret!”
How could you choose a favorite – those are gorgeous!
These borders are absolutely gorgeous! I believe I will try making some of them tomorrow!
These are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Beautiful! I am loving this collection!
Beautiful! I can’t wait to try these.
love it.. will definitely do some of these
They are beautiful. Great ideas.
I appreciate that you are incorporating some of the older tools along with the new ones and new paper.
Krislyn does a wonderful job using all kinds of tools!
This “Secret Garden” F2F album and paper is amazing. I still embrace the border ideas – can make them while hubby is watching ballgames or when were are camping!!
wow, que bellas de ideas, me encantaron…. Thank you
Beautiful ideas! I love the colors in this collection. I think my favorite is the medallion floral scrapbook border. Thanks for sharing!
So very pretty!
I’m always glad to see new border ideas even if I’m not going to use that specific paper. With grandsons, I’ll use something more masculine, like black and white or archival sets.
That is a great idea! :)
I love these. First two are my favorite. I just wish I had the right colors in my pics to go with these. They are beautiful!
STUNNING! I have no words!
Ok With these ideas not only do I love using my OBMS more! I just fell in love with the Secret Garden Fast to Fab Album💐 I’m my technique & teach this past weekend I emphasized the the use of multiple borders put together and this just exploded that thought! Thank you!!
Glad you love them!
These are absolutely STUNNING! And THANK YOU, THANK YOU for including the “mini” border embellishments! I LOVE those!!!
The mini ones are great!!
Thank you again for ideas that warm the heart. I look forward to each day to see if you have more ideas to share. We love them all.
Thank you, Virginia! That’s so sweet. I love sharing ideas!
Wow!!! These could be cards!!! May adapt to share with card makers!
thanks for sharing.they are absolutely beautiful.ordered punches so i could do these!did doily border&don’t wait w/the chevron border for my sisters scrapping workshop.so excited about the one w/chevrons! challenged friends to try different colors w/this. i could see using it w/spring w/rose paper&darker pink &leaf green under.also nautical,christmas,&thanksgiving borders. i especially want to try a harvest fall border w/a smoky gray strip perhaps&rust orange,eggplant,etc under the chevrons&frosty pumpkins&leaves for embellishments! then i need to try your other two borders.