Although it’s only October, it’s almost time to start getting ready to decorate your home for the holiday season. Most everyone has traditional holiday decorations like wreaths and ornaments, but what about DIY Christmas decorations? If you’re a Creative Memories® fan, you’re likely a crafty person and have the ability to create some beautiful decorations. Need an idea of where to start? Check out this DIY Christmas tree paper craft that you can make using the Season’s Greetings Paper Pack!
To create this Christmas craft, you will need:
- Season’s Greetings Paper Pack
- Red Cardstock
- Original Border Maker System with Star Border Maker Cartridge
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Hole Punch
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hammer and Nail or Drill
- Small Tree Stumps
- Wooden Skewers/Small Dowel Rods
- Using either a drill or a hammer and a nail, make a hole in the center of each tree stump just deep enough to push the skewer or dowel into. To help it stay in place, use a dot of hot glue on the bottom of the skewer/dowel.
- Cut triangles from the designer paper using the 12-inch Straight Trimmer. They should be about 12 inches tall and between 3″- 5″ wide at the base.
- Fold the paper back and forth like a fan. While the paper is still folded, use a hole punch to punch a hole in the center of the triangle.
- Still keeping it folded together, insert the skewer/dowel through the hole. Then, gently stretch out the paper so it looks like a tree.
- Using the Star Border Maker Cartridge and the Original Border Maker System, punch stars from the Red Cardstock.
- Put a dot of hot glue on the back of one star and press on the top of the skewer. Then, take another star and press on the other side, with the tip of the paper tree sandwiched between the two stars.
This Christmas tree paper craft is a creative way to add touches of the holiday spirit around your home. They’re easy to make, inexpensive and, most importantly, they’re a lot of fun to create! What DIY Christmas decorations do you make at your house? And will you try to make these trees? Comment below!