A cup of tea is a staple during the colder months. There’s nothing like pouring some hot water, dropping in that tea bag and stirring in a little honey to create a delicious drink that soothes your soul. Do you have an avid tea-drinker in your life? Warm up their gift-giving season by treating them to these DIY holiday tea holders!
My inspiration was to create a simple, festive holiday gift for co-workers, teachers and friends. 🎄
For this this project, you will need:
- Merry Little Christmas Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Festive Plaid Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Multi-Purpose Tool or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tea Bags
- Plastic Mini Appetizer Spoons
- Honey Packets
Step 1: Cut a 6″ x 6″ square out of patterned paper using the 12-inch Trimmer.
Step 2: Fold it in half to make a triangle. Crisp the fold using the Multi-Purpose Tool.
Step 3: Fold one flap down about 1/2″ from the bottom fold and crisp the edge.
Step 4: Flip up the fold and bend the left point of the triangle so it lines up within an 1/8″ under the flap fold. (Tip: Don’t line it up completely with the flap fold, as it becomes too bulky.) Bend over the right point of the triangle and line it up with the left point fold. Crisp all of the edges using the Multi-Purpose Tool.
Step 5: Apply adhesive underneath both points to secure them. Add a small amount of adhesive to the flap to secure it.
Step 6: Use the 2-Way Corner Rounder on the top point.
Step 7: Add a sticker or embellishment to the flap.
Step 8: Add a tea bag, honey packet and mini appetizer spoon to complete the gift.
Warm up the cups and the hearts of your loved ones with these fun DIY holiday tea holders! Who do you know who would love this project? Let us know in the comments below and share this blog post with them!
5 thoughts on “Steep Your Tea in Simple DIY Holiday Tea Holders”
Love the gift idea and the presentation of it. Question, though…where do you find honey packets like that? Thanks.
So cute! What a great idea. My dil loves hot tea. :-)
My cousin loves tea and so do I. I can’t wait to send her one of these as a just thinking of you after the holidays!!!
love it can be changed to anything to celebrate just change the paper and trimmings!