Birthdays, baby showers, graduations, anniversaries, and every special occasion in between, balloons can be an inflated impression on whatever party that may commence! So many shapes and sizes, hues and happy smiles, it’s a cheerful surprise indeed. Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu has recently queued into these inflatable beauties, and they were a main theme for this birthday scrapbook layout she created. Give it a go!
One of the most surprising things I saw in the U.S. is that balloons are sold everywhere. When I first saw balloons floating at the checkout counter in a supermarket, I thought it was a special day and they decorated the store to celebrate something. As I’ve been living in the United States for four years and have seen many balloons, I now understand that balloons are almost essential for living in America. On what occasion do you like to buy balloons?
To create this layout you will need:
- Party Time! Bright Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Party Time! Blue Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Party Time! Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Party Time! Border Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Eggplant Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Double Balloon Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut out a 1″ width frame from Eggplant Solid Cardstock. Cut two mats from the cardstock to measure 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″.
Step 2: Cut the white “confetti” dots patterned paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″. Adhere it to the eggplant frame.
Step 3: Using the Double Balloon Punch, punch balloons from various patterned paper.
Step 4: Cut two pieces of the kraft and white triangles patterned paper to measure 5-1/2″ x 2″. Round the bottom two corners using the 2-Way Corner Rounder. Ink the edges with Brown Dual-Tip Pen and adhere to the page. Add the eggplant mats.
Step 5: Cut out a journal box from a mat of your choice and adhere to the page.
Step 6: Adhere the cut-out balloons, stickers, and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What sorts of events do you like balloons for? Will you be creating this birthday scrapbook layout? Let us know in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “Inflate New Ideas With This Birthday Scrapbook Layout Idea”
Another good one as usual Sachiyo!
What a great idea love the colors awesome job