A quintessential and sweet summertime staple — the hydrating watermelon! Watermelon is a treat, any way you slice it. Go to a farmers’ market during the warmer-weather months and you’ll find baskets and tables filled with the oval or spherical fruit (FYI, it’s part of the gourd family!) with a dark green, smooth rind and juicy reddish-pink pulp. And when it comes to summer picnics, BBQs, pool parties and campground meals, this delicious fruit always seems to be at the ready to consume and enjoy. Well, if you’re willing to take a bite into you next summer scrapbook project, then take a look at this sweet beauty!
To create this layout you will need:
- Sunrays for Days Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Sunrays for Days Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Sunrays for Days Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the beach towel stripes designer paper as the base of the layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of the watermelon seeds designer paper to measure 12″ x 9-1/2″. Adhere to the layout.
Step 3: Using the inside edge of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Red Blade, cut a circle from the pineapple grid designer paper.
Step 4: Cut a piece of pineapple grid designer paper to measure 2″ x 6″. Using the 12-inch Trimmer, cut several pieces at different widths/angles. Adhere behind the circle to create the sunshine “rays.” Adhere to the layout. Trim any excess using a scissors.
Step 5: Cut photo mats from starry night designer paper to measure: 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and 3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″.
Step 6: Adhere photos that measure: 6″ x 4″, 4″ x 4″ and 3-1/2″ x 4″.
Step 7: Adhere photos/mats to the layout.
Step 8: Cut strips of pineapple grid designer paper that are 1/2″. Cut at varying lengths for journal strips.
Step 9: Adhere stickers and embellishments to the layout, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 10: Journal as desired.
What do you think of this watermelon-themed summer scrapbook layout? What summertime memories would you adhere to the page? Share, share and share some more!
One thought on “A Slice Above The Rest: Sweet Summer Scrapbook Layout”
Sweet layout! I can’t wait to play with the new Sunrays for Days. It should be arriving on my doorstep on Friday. ♥