Ahoy, scrappers! On the creative horizon today is a project AND challenge that will help you rays the bar! Not only are we sharing a happy and hue-tiful water-themed scrapbook layout, but it’s also time for the June Completed Album Challenge in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group! So crush this two-page spread — featuring the Sunrise, Sunset Recipe Template — and crush your album goals for a double dose of fun!
Remember: If you completed an album this month (does not need to be from start to finish in June, just completed in June), make a short video flipping through each of the pages in your newly completed album. Then, post your video in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group with the hashtag #JuneCropDontStop for the chance to win!
Here’s an example of what your Completed Album Challenge video could look like!
For ALL the details on the Completed Album Challenge, check out this blog post.
And again, if you’re looking for a layout to create to finish your latest album, today’s post can do just that!
To create this layout you will need:
- Serene Waters Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Vellum Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Serene Waters Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Friendly Fish Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Circle Cutter or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Vellum Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use two pieces of White Solid Cardstock (or two White Refill Pages) as the bases for this layout.
Step 2: Place the Sunrise, Sunset Recipe Template on top of abstract ombré daubs designer paper. Trace the center 4″ semi-circle onto the orange section. Either cut out with Micro-Tip Scissors or cut using the Circle Cutter set to 4″. Repeat with each of the rest of the circular shapes and darkening shades of the paper. Arrange and adhere pieces on the layout, using the template as a guide for accurate placement.
Step 3: Cut 16 2-5/8” squares with light blue wash, aqua abstract paint daubs, mint abstract paint daubs and teal wash tonal papers. Arrange across the lower halves of each base using the Sunrise, Sunset Recipe Template as a guide for placement. Cut four 4-1/4″ squares of water ripples vellum paper and adhere on the squares with Vellum Tape Runner Refill. Burnish to hide adhesive.
Step 4: Using the Circle Cutter with the dial set at 4″, cut three photos into circles. Adhere on the vellum squares. Using the Sunrise, Sunset Recipe Template, trace and cut the title from a variety mat and soft medium orange stripes designer paper. Adhere on a vellum square.
Step 5: Crop two photos to 3-1/4” x 5-1/8” and mat on two 3-5/8” x 5-3/8” pieces of soft medium orange stripes designer paper. Crop one photo to 3-1/2” x 5-1/8”. Mat on a 3-5/8” x 5-3/8” piece of navy abstract paint daubs tonal paper. Adhere on the layout.
Step 6: Using the Friendly Fish Border Punch, punch two borders with red-orange abstract paint daubs tonal paper. Adhere across the bottom of the layout.
Step 7: Adhere a scallop waves laser-cut border, embellishments and stickers, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 8: Journal as desired.
Who’s ready to seas the day and take on the June Completed Album Challenge? Will you be making this water-themed scrapbook layout as the final finishing touch to your album?