From little red schoolhouses to modern, urban buildings and even today’s ever apparent virtual learning right at one’s kitchen table at home, schooling structures have transitioned throughout time. But one thing that hasn’t — learning is awesome! Blog contributor Kylie Kingham was feeling nostalgic about her school days, so she made this school themed scrapbook layout she hopes you’ll learn to make!
Some memories I have of going to school include getting to physically ring the large, old school bell, being allowed to write on the chalkboard, making friends and immersing myself in lots of storybooks. School days are now so different due to a digital era, but learning is still just as fun! Many say that school days are some of the best days of your life, and the Back To School collection is a perfect partner in documenting those school years.
To create this layout you will need:
- Back To School Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Back To School Annual Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Building Blocks Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Back To School Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Back To School Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Home Sweet Home Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Using the Original Border Maker System with the Home Sweet Home Border Maker Cartridge, punch all four sides of a piece of designer paper. Keep all the small punched-out hearts. (Tip: Punch the top and bottom edges first, followed by the remaining two sides.)
Step 2: Align and adhere this over a contrasting piece of 12×12 designer paper with Repositionable Tape Runner. Trim a third contrasting piece of paper to measure 9-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ and adhere to the middle to create a homes frame. (To conserve paper, you can remove the middle from the bottom two pieces of paper first.)
Step 3: Using the Precision Point Adhesive Pen, glue all of the small hearts back into place on each punched house, but show the reverse side of the paper for contrast.
Step 4: Trim three photo mats to the following sizes — (1) 4″ x 4″, (1) 6″ x 4″ and (1) 4″ x 6″. Trim photos to the following measurements — (1) 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″, (1) 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and (1) 3-3/4″x 5-3/4″. Adhere each photo to the photo mats and add to the layout in place. Alternatively, the smaller photo space could be used to journal on.
Step 5: Create a decorative cluster to the lower-right corner using embellishments and stickers. Use Foam Squares to stick them into place and to add dimension to the page. Finish the page by adding more stickers and embellishments for balance and as desired.
What school memories would you adhere onto this project? Do you like the contrasting hues on this school themed scrapbook layout?