Soon, halls will be decked, stockings will be hung, garlands galore are strung across banisters and wreaths will don as door decor! Whether you toe the traditional line with classic pine or fir wreaths with velvet ribbons and red berries or go for something a little more trendy or quirky with ideas like flocked faux snow, pinecones, bells and baubles, sparkly ornaments, pom-poms and more, wreaths can welcome guests and loved ones home for the holidays. Hang onto your merry memories with this unbe-wreath-able Christmas scrapbook layout!
To create this layout you will need:
- Christmas Cheer Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Cheer Accessory Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Cheer Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Cheer Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Blue & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Square Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) OR Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle & Jumbo Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares Variety Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of candy cane stripes designer paper as the base for this layout. Cut a piece of Blue Solid Cardstock to 11-1/2” x 11-1/2” and adhere on top. (Tip: To conserve paper, you may wish to remove the inside of either or both of these papers, creating a frame.) Cut a piece of gold ornaments designer paper to 11-1/4” x 11-1/4” and mount on top.
Step 2: Make the wreath. Using the inside edge of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle with White Solid Cardstock (or scrap paper). With a ruler and pencil, find the middle of the circle and mark it. Cut 1-1/4” x 5” strips with several designer and accessory papers. Cut a notch from one end of each using either the Square Punch (flipped upside down to see what you’re doing) or Micro-Tip Scissors. Apply Repositionable Tape Runner to one strip and lay it on the circle so the inside of the V is just past the circle edge and the opposite side is on the middle mark of the circle. Continue placing strips around the circle, overlapping and alternating patterns/hues. Place the large (regular) Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern in the middle of the circle. Using the Red Blade on the inside track, carefully cut a circle out of the middle of the “wreath.” Adhere the wreath on the layout.
Step 3: Crop a photo to 5-3/4” x 3-3/4” and mount it on a 6” x 4” piece of Blue Solid Cardstock, then on a 6-1/2” x 4-1/2” variety mat. Crop two photos to 3” x 3” and mount on two 3-1/4” x 3-1/4” pieces of White Solid Cardstock. Adhere all on the layout.
Step 4: Add stickers and journal as desired.
What are your thoughts on this paper wreath idea? Will you be making this Christmas scrapbook layout this season?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 36,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!