Pinterest is my never fail go to place when I’m looking for ideas for a new scrapbook layout.
Most often I browse Pinterest looking for inspiration or an idea I can use on my own project. This time though I had something specific in mind – a one photo, school themed layout.
I found quite a few layouts that fit that criteria using Pinterest search. All I had to do was choose which layout I wanted to use.
Today I’m going to share my version of a layout created by Liz Qualman at Liz Qualman Designs. Liz created her super cute scrapbook layout for girl. Mine was created for a boy using Creative Memories’ new Study Buddies Collection. I used the same concept for my layout but changed things up a bit.
Here’s what you’ll need to create this layout:
- Study Buddies Paper Pack
- Study Buddies Embellishments
- Study Buddies Slide-In Pack
- 12-Inch Straight Trimmer
- Black pen
- Tape Runner and Foam Squares
- Using plaid pattern paper as your base, layer and adhere one 11 x 11″ square pattern paper as shown.
- Using the 12-Inch Straight Trimmer, cut one 1 1/2 x 10 1/2″ strip from pattern paper. Adhere to layout as shown. Trim star border to about 6 inches and adhere to strip.
- Adhere one 5 x 7″ photo and embellishments as shown. Use slide-in card to journal your story.
There you go! Have fun creating your own school themed layouts with the Study Buddies Collection. And don’t forget to check out Pinterest for some really fun scrapbook layout ideas.