Do you keep bookmarks handy when you’re reading a book? My husband reads a lot and keeps plenty of bookmarks laying around. Me? I use whatever is handy. Torn pieces of paper, store receipts, post-it-notes …. even unused Kleenex tissues – anything flat enough to mark my space in whatever book I’m reading.
School kids could probably use a book mark or two to keep track of where they are in their textbooks. Here are a few easy peasy bookmarks to create for your student. Better yet, make it a fun project for the kids to create for themselves.
Here’s what you’ll need to create these bookmarks:
- Study Buddies Paper Pack
- Study Buddies Slide-In Pack
- Study Buddies Embellishments
- Study Buddies Stickers
- Gold ABC/123 Stickers
- 12-Inch Straight Trimmer
- Personal Trimmer
- Two Way Corner Rounder
- Tape Runner and Foam Squares
- Black pen
- Narrow ribbon
School Days Bookmark:
- With the horizontal side of the slide-in card shown facing you, trim the pencil/apple/school bus border from horizontal side of card. Trim the border to 2 1/2″ wide and set aside.
- With the vertical side of slide-in card facing you, trim to 2 1/2″ wide as shown. Adhere 3″ wide border to card as shown. Mat card with a 3″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle cut from pattern paper. Round upper edges of pattern paper with two way corner rounder.
- Adhere school bus sticker to bookmark and use black pen to hand print school days title.
- Adhere sticker shown to top of bookmark as shown. Adhere a scrap piece of scrapbook paper to exposed adhesive on the back of sticker. Use sharp scissors to cut around sticker. Use a paper punch to punch a hole in top of sticker. Loop ribbon through hole as shown.
Smarty Pants Bookmark
- Trim the vertical side of the Smarty Pants slide-in card as shown.
- Mat card with 3 5/8″ x 6 3/8 ” rectangle cut from pattern paper. Use foam squares to adhere embellishments shown (glasses will cover the eye glasses printed on the slide-in card).
- Adhere embellishment shown to top of bookmark as shown. Loop ribbon through hole as shown.
Read, Study, Learn Bookmark
- Trim vertical side of the star border slide-in card to 2 1/2″ wide. Use two way corner rounder to round the upper corners as shown. Mat with a 3″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle cut from pattern paper. Round upper corners of mat as shown.
- Use foam squares to adhere book embellishment shown. Adhere star bling to visible stars as shown. Adhere arrow sticker to bookmark as shown.
- Use gold ABC/123 stickers to form title on edge of bookmark as shown and black pen to print subtitles as shown.
- Adhere embellishment shown to top of bookmark and loop ribbon through hole as shown.
Have fun creating your own Study Buddies bookmarks!