Here’s a project that will help you kick-start your holiday decorating. This sampler made with our beautiful Christmas Past Collection and Gold Shimmer Cardstock evokes the warm cozy feelings of being”home for the holidays”.
You can use the sampler with an easel on your mantle as I did, or it would also be great on your old Creative Memories Everyday Display. After the holidays are over, use the sampler as a title page for your annual Christmas album or cut it apart into three vertical panels to use as borders on scrapbook pages.
To make this project, you’ll need:
Christmas Past Paper Pack
Christmas Past Embellishments Pack
Christmas Past Variety Mat Pack
Gold Shimmer 12 x 12 Cardstock
Brown Solid 12 x 12 Cardstock
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
Christmas Quartet Punch
Leaf Trio Punch
Brown Dual-Tip Pen
1. From the brown cardstock, cut five 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ squares and one 3-3/4″ x 11-1/2″ rectangle.
2. From the decorative paper, cut five 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ squares. From the deer paper, cut a 3-1/2″ x 11″ panel taking special note of the location of the deer on the paper. Rub the round tip of a brown pen around the edges of the decorative paper pieces and adhere them to the brown pieces and then to a sheet of gold shimmer cardstock.
3. Cut a circle from the brown cardstock using the custom cutting system with the 1-1/2″ circle pattern and the red blade on the outside edge. Cut a circle from a slide-in card with a title using the custom cutting system with the 3-1/2″ circle pattern and red blade on the inside edge. Rub the edge of your decorative circle with brown pen, and then adhere to the brown circle. Add this piece to the page with foam squares and embellish with ferns punched from gold shimmer and brown cardstock using the leaf trio punch and a large gold rhinestone.
4. Rub the round tip of brown pen around the edge of the embellishment pieces that you plan to use and adhere to your squares. Use foam squares to adhere the embellishments that are layered on top.
5. To make the tree on the deer paper, cut a very thin strip from the leftover deer paper and use the back-side of it as the tree trunk. Mine is 6″ high. Use the leaf trio punch to punch 7 fern pieces from green decorative paper and attach as shown. Punch 3 snowflakes and 3 trees from gold shimmer cardstock using the Christmas quartet punch. Embellish the snowflakes with 3 gold rhinestones, and adhere 2 of the trees with foam squares. Add the bird embellishment in the corner with foam squares.
6. Add additional red and gold rhinestones as desired.
7 thoughts on “Christmas Past Scrapbooking Sampler”
Love it! And the suggestions for post-holiday are great. 😊
Thanks. I’m going to make that up now!! So cute. I’ve been doing a few cards. Stalling on getting the tree out and staring that project. 🙄🙄 Have a great day!!! 🤗🤗
Sent from my iPhone
Here’s a pretty Christmas page that can be made now and displayed, and after Christmas used for borders.
This is Awesome, Karyn!! Love the after Christmas ideas, also. Merry Christmas!!