Inspiration for scrapbooking is a lot like the tide. It comes and goes in waves, with some ideas continuously flowing like a waterfall and others leaving you in a bit of a drought. The Deep Blue Sea collection launched in May and it generated a tidal wave of design motivation. Get ready to ride that wave with this beautifully beachy scrapbook layout – it’ll have you surfing over to your scrapbooking supplies before you know it!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Deep Blue Sea Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Deep Blue Sea Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Deep Blue Sea Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Scallop Wave Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the blue rope patterned paper as your base.
Step 2: Trim the nautical icons patterned paper to measure 10-7/8″ x 10-7/8″. Adhere it to the middle of the base. Trim the wavy sailboat patterned paper to measure 10″ x 10″. Adhere it to the middle of the layout.
Step 3: Using the Scallop Wave Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with both navy and pale green patterned papers and trim out to measure 1-1/2″ x 1″. Mount the navy border on top of the pale green border, offsetting and overlapping as shown. Trim the border to measure 10″ long and adhere it to the layout just below the top edge of the wavy sailboats piece.
Step 4: Cut two 5/8″ x 10″ strips of starfish patterned paper. Adhere one strip to the bottom of the waves border and top it with the ropes border sticker, also trimmed to 10″. Adhere the other strip 1″ above the lower edge of the wavy sailboats piece.
Step 5: Adhere photos measuring 3-3/4” x 5-1/2” and 5-3/4” x 3-3/4” as shown. Add the “Come Sail Away” mat to the lower right corner of the wavy sailboats piece.
Step 6: Add clusters of stickers to the layout as shown, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension. Journal as desired.
It doesn’t get more aquatically awesome than this nautical scrapbook layout. We’re curious — what types of photos do you see yourself filling this layout with? Comment below!