What do you do to make a Fast2Fab™ layout your own? Do you like to add borders to make the page pop? Do you fill it with stickers, embellishments and other decorations for some extra flair? No matter what you do, there are plenty of ways to add a personal touch any predesigned scrapbook layout. Take a look at how blog contributor Krislyn took a Memoirs & Memories Fast2Fab™ layout and turned it into something unique!
Fast2Fab™ layouts really come to life when you add coordinating borders to the pages! I love how easy it is to create beautiful layouts with the predesigned pages but I can’t resist adding a little pizazz and creating more of a theme.
For this layout, I worked with Memoirs & Memories Fast2Fab™ pages and the Timeworn Border Duos I had already created. I used some of my most treasured photos of my great-grandma, who died when my grandma was just 16. I was thrilled to be able to insert the photo with my grandma’s handwriting in a Peekaboo Pocket™ so the writing is visible and identifies those in the photo. Because I really think I resemble my great-grandma in one photo, I set it apart by framing it with one of the cool foiled and embossed embellishments.
To create this Fast2Fab™ layout you’ll need:
- Memoirs & Memories Fast2Fab™ Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Memoirs & Memories Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Memoirs & Memories Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Memoirs & Memories Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Memoirs & Memories Foiled & Embossed Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Timeworn Texture Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black, Bronze Shimmer and Platinum Shimmer Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Peekaboo Pockets™ or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Medallion and Embossed Shutter Punches or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Gears Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Personal Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Flip through the Memoirs & Memories Fast2Fab™ Album in the video below!
Step 1: Choose the Fast2Fab™ layout with the black with rust design for this layout.
Step 2: Create the Days Gone By Border Duo. Adhere the larger border on the top of the left page and the smaller border on the bottom of the right page, about 1-3/8″ from the bottom edge.
Step 3: Choose one photo and crop it to 6″ x 4″. Crop three more photos to measure 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and two more to measure 3-3/4″ x 5″. Mat four photos with stone patterned paper or Bronze Shimmer Cardstock and adhere them to the layout, as shown. Place a square foiled and embossed frame over one square photo and adhere it to the right side of the layout.
Step 4: Place a large (6-1/2″ x 4-1/2″) lined mat on the layout, as shown and journal as desired. Top it with the rectangular foiled and embossed frame. Place the 6″ x 4″ photo in a Peekaboo Pocket™ (mine has writing on the back that I wanted to show – you may choose to add an additional photo here). Add an arrow sticker. Once your page protector is in place, you can adhere the Peekaboo Pocket™ over the journal box.
Step 5: Punch a few embossed shutter shapes and adhere them to the layout.
There are so many ways you can add on to Fast2Fab™ layouts to make them your own. What techniques do you use to make a page stand out? Let us know in the comments below!