Nothing captures the essence of the winter season like flannel. Is there anything better than that warm, snuggly feeling as you slip on a flannel shirt or cover up with flannel sheets? Maybe one thing: Adding flannel to your layouts with the Festive Plaid Paper Pack! Take a look at this plaid scrapbook layout and see how you can turn it into a cold-weather wonder!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Festive Plaid Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Leaf Green Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Get a closer look at the Festive Plaid Paper Pack in the video below!
Step 1: Use the red and green plaid patterned paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of Leaf Green Cardstock to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere it to the layout.
Step 3: Cut a piece of the cream plaid patterned paper to measure 11″ x 5″ and adhere it to the lower portion of the layout.
Step 4: Cut three pieces of paper for photo mats, two measuring 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ and one measuring 4″ x 3-3/4″. Adhere them to the cream plaid patterned paper. Adhere two photos measuring 3″ x 3-1/2″ and one photo measuring 3-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ to the mats.
Step 5: Adhere the border sticker along the top edge of the cream plaid patterned paper and trim it to length.
Step 6: Cut squares from various pieces of plaid patterned paper measuring 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″, 5″ x 5″, 4-3/4″ x 4-3/4″, 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″, 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, 4″ x 4″ and 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. Cut each square in half, from corner to corner, creating two triangles. Continue cutting each additional square 1/4″ smaller, if needed/desired. Layer the triangles on top of each other, placing some at a slight angle, to create the trees.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 8: Doodle along the outer edge of the cardstock and the outside of the triangle pieces. Journal as desired.
This plaid scrapbook layout is the perfect way to add a little bit of woodsy warmth to your Christmas photos. What do you like most about this flannel paper pack? Let us know in the comments below!