A stroke of artistic genius that makes hand-drawn art easy? Meet the Everyday Journal Template. This tracing template lets you outline your own decorations and designs for layouts and crafts — all with crisp perfection AND it complements the NEW Dot Pens. Here’s one project you can whip up into shape to get your creative juices flowing!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Spring Medley Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Spring Medley Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Everyday Journal Template or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dot Pens or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Get a closer look at the Everyday Journal Template in the video below!
Step 1: Use the sand patterned paper as the base of this layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of the dark blue patterned paper to measure 11″ x 11″ and adhere it to the layout.
Step 3: Cut a piece of white patterned paper to measure 5-1/2″ x 10-1/2″. Adhere it to the left side of the dark blue paper.
Step 4: Cut a piece of white patterned paper to measure 4-3/4″ x 10-1/2″ and adhere it to the right side of the dark blue paper.
Step 5: Cut a mat from the medium blue patterned paper to measure 4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″ and adhere a photo measuring 4″ x 6″ to the mat. Adhere them to the left side of the layout.
Step 6: Cut two mats from the light blue patterned paper measuring 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Adhere two photos that measure 4″ x 4″ to the mats. Adhere them to the right side of the layout.
Step 7: Trace the flowers on the template onto the sand colored paper using the Dot Pens. Use scissors to cut out the flowers. Use the fine tip of the pens to draw/doodle a crosshatch design on the flowers. Adhere the flowers to the layout.
Step 8: Repeat this step with the banner on the template.
Step 9: Use the template to place hearts, dots and an additional flower onto the layout.
What types of projects will you create with the Everyday Journal Template? Let us know in the comments below!
4 thoughts on “Add Hand-Drawn Art to Your Scrapbook Layouts with the Everyday Journal Template”
Love it! A personal touch.
When will this template be available? I didn’t see it online