Saturday, June 13: 9am, 11am, 1pm CT
Welcome back! We hope you’re ready for another jam-packed day of scrapbooking. We have three challenges scheduled today, plus three prizes to go along with them. (Woohoo!) Ready, set, let’s go into Challenge #4!
For a refresher on VC instructions, get the 411 on Virtual Crops here.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group! You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a new Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event as we’ve done for previous Virtual Crops. Therefore, you only need to join once.
- During the crop, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group and click on the “Discussion” tab to view the pinned post for the most current challenge. The challenge number will be posted on the sketch.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — to our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Photos” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there. To see past challenges you may have missed, click on “Announcements” in the Facebook Group.
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post your photo on the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group AND add the correct hashtag with your post: #CMVirtualCrop1June2020, #CMVirtualCrop2June2020, #CMVirtualCrop3June2020, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge you are submitting to qualify to win the prize for that challenge. Feel free to use other hashtags as well such as #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #CMVirtualCrop1June2020, #CMVirtualCrop2June2020, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #CMVirtualCrop1June2020, #CMVirtualCrop2June2020, #CMVirtualCrop3June2020, etc., so your post can be found that way. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry.
- You have the entire event to submit your projects for all six challenges but all submissions must be received by June 14 at 11:59pm CT. Keep refreshing the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group to see others’ masterpieces!
NOTE: The Prize Pack will be awarded to one participant in each challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident that you used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, June 18, at noon CT.
TUTORIAL: Take a look with Sandra from Home Office as she explains how to interpret a sketch and how she used it to make her scrapbook layout.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Electric Summer Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Electric Summer Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Electric Summer Layered Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Electric Summer Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
To create this layout, you will need:
- Creative Memories’ Custom Products Designer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Used the Electric Summer Custom Theme
- Created directly on the CM website — no additional software needed
Want to try out Challenge #4 digitally? Check out our demo of how to create your sketch using Custom Albums, Custom Album Covers or Custom Refill Pages. When you complete the sketch, instead of snapping a photo of your layout, take a screenshot and submit it to the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
“Creativity never goes out of style.”