The snow globe — the ultimate knick-knack for anyone who adores the beauty of winter. And whether it’s a once-a-year seasonal decor item, a cherished childhood trinket or something you gaze upon in a gift shop (after swirling around, of course), these shakeable souvenirs whisk your into a magical, whimsical winter wonderland no matter where you are! Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu and her family are big fans of snow globes, which inspired her to create a festive snow globe scrapbook layout that mimics the emblem of the real thing — check it out!
What comes to your mind when you hear think of snow globes? Souvenir snow globes from the places you’ve been? A winter snow globe with classic Christmas scenery in it?
Although our children are dreaming of a white Christmas like the one found in a winter snow globe, real snow is nowhere to be found in our area now. When we don’t have snow, we create our own little winter wonderland in a snow globe! Making snow globes will be one of our family projects this winter. Have you ever created your own snow globe? How about this snow globe scrapbook layout?
To create this layout you will need:
- Winter Woods Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Winter Woods Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Bronze Shimmer, Dark Green, Platinum Shimmer, Rich Brown & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Treeline Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) – Returning March
- Did you know? We have a new feature that allows you to get email notifications for specific products to let you know when they’re back in stock and available to purchase on the website. Check it out here!
- Original Border Maker System with the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Using the inside of the Jumbo Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Green Blade, cut a circle from the middle of the snowflake patterned paper. Set the circle aside. Use the paper cut-out as the base, flipping over to have the tan gingham pattern facing up.
Step 2: Cut the snowy pines patterned paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″. Add it to the tan gingham base.
Step 3: Using the Treeline Border Punch, punch a border from Rich Brown, White and Dark Green Solid Cardstocks. Cut each border to 1-1/4″ width. Layer the borders; Rich Brown, White and Dark Green Solid from the bottom.
Step 4: Using the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border from White and Rich Brown Solid Cardstock. Cut each border to 1-1/2″ width. Adhere the brown border under the white one. Add it to the bottom of the trees border.
Step 5: Adhere the border to the bottom of the snowflakes circle that was previously cut. Cut along the circle and trim any excess.
Step 6: Cut a circle using the inside of the Jumbo Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Red Blade from Platinum Shimmer Solid Cardstock. Adhere the snowflakes circle on the platinum circle.
Step 7: Cut Bronze Shimmer Solid Cardstock to measure 4″ x 2-1/2″. Mark at 1/2″ from the edge of one of the 4″ sides. Cut diagonally from the marked point to make a trapezoid.
Step 8: Adhere the snow globe pieces on the base. Add stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Have you ever created a fun snow globe scrapbook layout like this one? Or will you try out this stunner? Let us know in the comments below!