Who says you need to go to a fancy resort to have an awesome vacation? There’s beauty and adventure to be found on your doorstep, backyard, park or local surroundings and landmarks… without the hassle of jet lag or costs of hotels, transportation and more! Even better, staycations can be every bit as relaxing and fun, and can help you get “away” from daily hustles and bustles and to recharge. Ready to splash into action? Then take advantage of this summer scrapbook layout — it’s sure to make your next staycation beam bright within your album!
To create this layout you will need:
- Staycation Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Staycation Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Staycation Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Returning April
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hunter Dot Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of dark green arrows paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip of yellow suns paper and adhere it on the top of the layout. Cut a 12″ x 1-1/2″ strip of yellow diagonal striped paper and mount it underneath the suns strip. Cut a 12″ x 1/2″ strip of yellow diagonal striped paper and adhere it on the bottom of the layout.
Step 3: Cut a 2-1/2″ section from the middle of the houses border sticker and adhere it to the layout along with the “In the backyard” sticker. Adhere the rest of the houses border sticker along the bottom, placing the pool embellishment in the middle, covering the gap. Adhere the zigzag striped border stickers and remaining stickers as shown, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 4: Crop three photos to 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. Cut three 4″ x 4-3/4″ pieces of White Solid Cardstock. Mount the photos on the cardstock and adhere to the layout.
Step 5: With the Hunter Dot Tip Pen, draw journal lines along the bottom of the cardstock mats. Journal with the Black Dual-Tip Pen.
Do you have any fun staycation plans coming up? If so, what are they? And what do you like most about summer scrapbook layout? Tell us, tell us — we want to know!
5 thoughts on “Splash Into Staycation Success With This Summer Scrapbook Layout”
Nice Idea for Summer with that Season upon us!!
I love the bright colours, and I’m looking forward to summer months.
I LOVE this layout. It’s perfect! :) Great job! ~Ali
Loved this layout also….the bright colors are so cute together. I think anyone who looks at this will have a smile come to their face!!! Great job!!!