Sure, it takes hands to build a house… but it takes heart and love to build a home. And if you want to pay homage to the caring comfort, laughter, special memories and more from within the walls and beams of your home, then the charm of the Homestead collection can construct just that! See how various mats from this refreshingly rustic collection builds a beautiful presence for your precious homely happenings.
To create this layout you will need:
- Homestead Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of cardstock or a paper pack insert for the base of the layout.
Step 2: Adhere two small mats and two large mats in a “plus sign” so they align along the middle and edges.
Step 3: Cut one large mat into two pieces that measure 6-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Adhere along the edges of the previous large mats (top and bottom) as shown.
Step 4: Cut one small mat into two pieces that measure 1-1/2″ x 6″. Adhere along the edges (sides) of the previous small mats as shown.
Step 5: Adhere stickers and embellishments as desired, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 6: Journal as desired on the mat.
What do you like about this farmhouse chic scrapbook layout? Are you a fan of mat packs? Let us know what you think in the comments!
2 thoughts on “This Farmhouse Chic Scrapbook Layout Builds a Happy Home for Your Memories”
I love the mats! Is the brown plaid a photo mat or designer paper?