Every season has perks that make it special, but there is something about sweet summertime that puts it in a league of its own. This season of sunshine is a time for carefree attitudes and activities, music festivals, bonfires, beach, lake and pool days, picnics, family vacations and so much more! With so many sunlit hours, the opportunities are endless… which means endless photo and scrapbooking opportunities! Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu tapped into a warm-weather activity her family enjoys playing, which is where this summer scrapbook layout idea comes into play! Enjoy!
One of our beloved summertime activities is water balloon games in our backyard — toss a water balloon as high as possible, play volleyball with a water balloon or just simply throw water balloons each other. We then finish up the day with “who can pick up the most scraps” game to clean up the balloon remnants that speckled the lawn. Do you and your family enjoy summertime activities?
To create this layout you will need:
- Summertime Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Summertime Fast2Fab™-Inspired Designer Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Summertime Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Summertime Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: With a Fast2Fab™-inspired paper, draw lines at 2-1/4″ from the line between pink tropical flowers and tropical green design, and a line at 1-1/4” from the scallop black line as shown. Line up the inside edge of the middle Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the line and cut a circle with the Blue Blade. Cut out 14 circles in total. Use the backside of the leftover piece as the base of this layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of Navy Solid Cardstock to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the base.
Step 3: Adhere 14 circles to the page as shown.
Step 4: Cut two photo mats measuring 4″ x 6″ from the white speckled designer paper. Add to the page.
Step 5: Adhere stickers and laser-cut borders, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What are your top 3 activities to do in the summertime? And what do you like about this summer scrapbook layout idea? Share your thoughts and ideas down below!