Farmhouse style is warm and approachable, just like the feeling that most people want in their home for themselves and for their guests! And that’s exactly the sentiment you get with the Homestead collection with its designs of reclaimed wood and rustic accents, greenery, neutral hues and more. Combine these elements with the Roundabout Recipe Template, and you’ll loop together a stunning layout that is sure to welcome your photos and precious homestead memories. Take a peek at this farmhouse scrapbook idea to see how!
To create this layout you will need:
- Homestead Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Roundabout Recipe Template with Photo Labeling Pencil & Multi-Purpose Clips or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Circle Cutter or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Returning September
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Set the dial on the Circle Cutter to 6-1/2″ and cut a circle in the middle of a piece of black plaid paper. Set the circle aside and use the rest of the black plaid paper as the base for the layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of White Solid Cardstock to 11-1/4″ x 11-1/4″. Set the dial on the Circle Cutter to 8.2″ and cut circle in the middle of the cardstock. Adhere the rest of the cardstock on top of the black plaid base. Set the dial on the Circle Cutter to 5-1/2″ and cut a circle from the middle of the larger white circle. Set both circles aside.
Step 3: Cut a piece of mini anemones paper to 11″ x 11″. Set the Circle Cutter dial to 9-1/2″ and cut a circle from the tiles paper. Using the Roundabout Recipe Template as a guide, place the tiles circle on the lower right side of the layout. Adhere the large cardstock circle on top.
Step 4: Set the Circle Cutter dial to 6-3/4″ and place on a piece of mini anemones paper. Pencil lightly around the white middle piece so you can mark your place for the second cut. Cut a circle, then move the dial to 8″, place the Circle Cutter in the same spot and cut the outside ring. Adhere this piece on the white circle. Adhere the black plaid circle, and finally, the small white circle. Trim off the excess using the 12-inch Trimmer.
Step 5: Set the Circle Cutter dial to 3.2″ and cut five circles from the tiles paper. Set the dial to 3.1″ and cut three circles from photos. (Tip: When cutting photos with the Circle Cutter, it helps to first trace the circle on the photo with a pencil to aid in positioning.) Mount the photos on tiles circles and adhere all circles to the layout, using the template as a guide for placement.
Step 6: Crop a photo to 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and mat on a piece of 6″ x 4″ White Solid Cardstock. Mount on a wood grain mat and adhere to the layout.
Step 7: Using the inside of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Blue Blade, cut a circle with black plaid paper. Using the Green Blade, cut a circle with White Solid Cardstock. Place behind the windmill propeller embellishment and adhere to a circle. Add additional embellishments and stickers, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 8: Journal as desired.
Have you tried out the Roundabout Recipe Template? What do you like most about this farmhouse scrapbook idea? Cultivate your thoughts and share them down below!