Yes, flowers are so striking and stunning, but you can’t overlook the importance of foliage. Leaves can definitely add pops of hues, interest, beauty, texture, depth and shade to the landscape — they’re not just “accents,” but rather a stunning foundation for gardens and yards. In fact, leaves are the starring roles in today’s blog, which aptly features the Spring Leaf Punch! Let these leaves crafts — featuring two scrapbook borders and a DIY card — grow on you and make them today! (P.S. This punch will also work beautifully for some upcoming autumn-themed collections… anyone up for raking leaves?)
To create these borders and card, you will need:
- Botanical Burst Yellow, Pink, Blue & Green Paper Packs or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Botanical Burst Yellow & Pink Petal & Leaves Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Must Have Laser Words – Pack 2 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Aqua, Dark Sea Green, Navy & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Spring Leaf Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight, Deckle & Scallop Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Check out the Spring Leaf Punch in action in the video below!
Yellow & Green Leaves Border
Step 1: Cut a 3-1/2″ x 12″ strip green tonal scattered leaves paper for the base. Cut a 2-7/8″ x 12″ strip of Dark Green Solid Cardstock and adhere to the base.
Step 2: Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Scallop Blade, cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of bold field mustard blooms paper. Using the inside of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Blue Blade, cut five circles in the bold field mustard blooms strip at regular intervals. Adhere this strip on the border.
Step 3: With the Spring Leaf Punch, punch five leaves from various yellow and green papers. Adhere to the border using Foam Squares for added dimension.
Multi-Hued Leaves Border
Step 1: Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Deckle Blade, cut a 12″ x 3″ strip of blue stripes paper for the base.
Step 2: With the 12-inch Trimmer and the Straight Blade, cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of green diamonds paper and adhere to the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of Navy Solid Cardstock and mount on top.
Step 3: With the Spring Leaf Punch, punch eight leaves from various pink, yellow, blue and green papers. Adhere on the border as shown.
Step 1: Create the card base. Cut an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of White Solid Cardstock. Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Scoring Blade, score along the long edge at 4-1/4″ and fold in half.
Step 2: Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Aqua Solid Cardstock. Adhere on the front of the card.
Step 3: Cut four 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ squares of pink, blue, green and yellow stripes papers. Adhere to the card. With the Spring Leaf Punch, punch four leaves from White Solid Cardstock. Mount on the squares.
Step 4: Adhere the “Snapshots” laser title embellishment. Add gems as desired.
Have you made any leaves crafts with the Spring Leaf Punch? Do you prefer one of the scrapbook borders or the DIY card? Plant your thoughts and ideas down below!