Say “Peekaboo! I see you!” to your beloved photos and memories with Peekaboo Pockets™! Okay, maybe you don’t have to say that, but you’ll love these pockets as a surprise, interactive element of efficiently packing your album pages with an extra dynamic layer of photos, journal boxes, artwork, memorabilia and more. (No more leaving memories off a page due to a lack of space!) And when you’re working with a smaller 8×8 scrapbook album, you want to slide in as many good times as you can! Check out this 8×8 scrapbook layout that showcases the power of Peekaboo Pockets™!
Psst, want to learn more about Peekaboo Pockets™? Then view this video to get the inside scoop of how these clear pockets make your pages come alive!
To create this layout you will need:
- Tie Dye Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Denim Texture Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- You Got This Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- You Got This Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 8×8 Refill Page and Page Protector or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 4×6 Peekaboo Pockets™ or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a piece of faded denim texture tonal paper to 8″ x 8″ to create the base for this layout.
Step 2: Crop two photos to 3″ x 4″ and adhere to the right side of the layout.
Step 3: Adhere a small rainbow-lined mat on top of a large dark denim mat. Apply adhesive and slide behind the photos at an angle, as shown. Journal and add stickers as desired.
Step 4: Cut a 5″ x 1/2″ strip from a lemon yellow dots mat. Adhere to the top of the layout. Cut a 5″ x 1/4″ strip from the same mat and adhere to the bottom of the layout. Cut a 5″ x 1/2″ strip from the “XO” mat and adhere above the bottom lemon yellow dots strip. Cut a 5″ section from a sneakers border sticker and mount on top. Add the “Remember forever” sticker with Foam Squares.
Step 5: Adhere layout to an 8×8 refill page and slide the page protector on.
Step 6: Slide two photos into a 4×6 Peekaboo Pocket™. Remove the adhesive backing and place the pocket on top of the page protector over the journal box as shown.
Have you ever tried out Peekaboo Pockets™? What are your thoughts on this 8×8 scrapbook layout? Tell us your viewpoints in the comments section!
One thought on “Pocket Your Memories Upon This 8×8 Scrapbook Layout — Literally”
Great idea. Well presented. Anxious to other creative ways to use them.