To put it simply, snowflakes are hexagonal crystal structures of ice. But to expand on that… they’re snow much fun to make frosty memories with — sweeping your arms and legs on the ground to make snow angels, rolling into cool orbs to have snowball fights with friends, skiing down a slick slope and much more. And to celebrate this wonder, use the Starflake Recipe Template, like blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu did! (Psst, that recipe template is also great for projects based around graduation, special occasions or awards, anniversaries and more!) But, check out Sachiyo’s snowflake scrapbook layout see how your wintertime experiences and Polar-oids can shine!
To create this layout you will need:
- Snowbound Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Shimmer, Dark Sea Green, Light Blue, Navy, Starry Night Shimmer & White Shimmer Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Snowbound Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Snowbound Layered Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Starflake Recipe Template or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Mirrored Scallops Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Chalking Pen — Out of stock
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a piece of White Shimmer Solid Cardstock to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″.
Step 2: Use a White Chalking Pen and the Starflake Recipe Template, trace the small star onto Navy Solid Cardstock, the medium star onto Starry Night Shimmer Solid Cardstock and the large star onto Black Shimmer Solid Cardstock. For the large star, rotate the Recipe Template as you go so that you can draw three pointy corners. Cut along the drawn out pen lines.
Step 3: Add the three star shapes to the white shimmer base. Trim the excess and add to a piece of Dark Sea Green Solid Cardstock.
Step 4: Cut three circles using the inside edge of the large Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Red Blade from dainty snowflakes paper. Add to the middle of the stars.
Step 5: Using the Mirrored Scallops Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with navy and dark teal forest paper and two borders with Light Blue Solid Cardstock. Mount the forest border on top of light blue border, offsetting slightly.
Step 6: Adhere stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you think of this snowflake scrapbook layout? What sorts of projects would you come up with using the Starflake Recipe Template? Share your thoughts, ideas and projects in the comments section — you never know who you may inspire!