Mats draw attention, frame memories add layered dimension to your photos and storytelling. And when you throw merry-and-bright makings into the mix, you’re in for a presence that is a scrapbooking present for your albums! See how mats add layers of comfort and joy to this Christmas scrapbook layout — and make it today so you’re prepped and ready to print photos by the time jolly ol’ St. Nick comes to town.
To create this layout you will need:
- Seasonal Sightings Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Seasonal Sightings Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Seasonal Sightings Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of red chevron tonal paper as the base for the layout.
Step 2: Adhere one large vertical mat and one large horizontal mat. Cut one mat to measure 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ and one to measure 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2, and adhere these to the layout, too.
Step 3: Adhere one 4″ x 6″ vertical journal mat to the large vertical mat.
Step 4: Cut a light green mat to measure 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″.
Step 5: Using a 4″ x 6″ mat with the circle in the middle, cut out the circle grid using the inside edge of the largest Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Green Blade. Cut this piece down to measure 4” x 4”. Adhere some of the embellishments to the light green base, then adhere the mat with the circle to the middle of the light green mat using Foam Squares.
Step 6: Adhere other embellishments, using Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 7: Journal as desired.
What photos would you mat on this Christmas scrapbook layout? Are you excited for the Christmas season and all its merry memories? Share in the comments below.