If you sit down and think about it, scrapbooking is rooted as an ancient art form— from carved and painted rock images to chronicles of passed-down oral storytelling and “family bibles” following the invention of the printing press in the 15th century to record names, births and announcements. As time progressed, so did technology — the industrial printing press and new forms of printed materials allowed people to add or paste keepsakes such as newspaper clippings, greeting cards, photos and postcards into journals and diaries. Scrapbooking is packed with notes of yesteryear, but history lesson aside, we are the modern-day storytellers of family legacies, everyday moments, special occasions and more so those narratives can continue on to be remembered. The photographs show it, the journal entries tell it and the elements and designs enhance it. And you can show your love of scrapbooking, crafting, storytelling and memory-keeping with this Creative Memories-themed scrapbook layout!
To create this layout you will need:
- Scrap Happy 2 Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Foiled Accent Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Optional: Square Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of green polka dots designer paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut — or punch using the Square Punch — (10) 1-3/4” squares with various printed-pattern designer and accent papers and (10) 1-3/4” squares with various tonal-patterned designer and accent papers. Round all the corners using the 2-Way Corner Rounder.
Step 3: Cut a hole from the middle of all the tonal-pattern squares using the inside edge of the small Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Blue Blade. Adhere scraps of either White Cardstock or blue accent paper behind the holes. Place a shutter icon sticker to the middle of each.
Step 4: Adhere all the squares around the outside of the layout as shown, alternating printed-pattern and tonal-patterned squares.
Step 5: Cut a 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ square with White Solid Cardstock. Adhere to the middle of the layout. Cut four 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ squares with blue diagonal stripes designer paper and adhere three of them on the white cardstock. Crop three photos to 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and adhere on the squares.
Step 6: Using the inside edge of the largest Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Blue Blade, cut a circle from the middle of the fourth square. Place a 3″ x 3″ square of blue accent paper behind the opening and adhere on the layout. Using the inside edge of the medium Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle from the variety mat with a pale yellow shutter icon Adhere to the middle of the fourth square.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and embellishments as desired, popping some up with Foam Suares for added dimension.
Step 8: Journal as desired.
What crafty or scrap-worthy moments would you place on this Creative Memories-themed scrapbook layout? Would you also put photos of in-person, virtual or hybrid crops on this lovely layout? Share your scrappy ideas with us and others!
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 30,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!