Lemons and limes and a good ol’ time! Yes, croppers and creators, for you know what is just around the corner? National Scrapbook Day! It always falls on the first Saturday of May, but let’s be real… every day is a great day to scrapbook! So, what better way to get the scrapbooking started than with an NSD Pop-up Challenge in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group?! This year’s NSD theme was all about citrusy lemon goodness, so the challenge is creating a layout that’s focused on the happy hue of yellow and/OR creating a layout using the NSD 2023 products!
And blog contributor Kylie Kingham seized (and squeezed!) the day by making this NSD scrapbook layout — handpicked just for you!
Psst! If you would like to attend an NSD event (virtual, in-person or hybrid events), you can connect with an Advisor near you using our handy Advisor Locator search on the website. US | CA | AU
How to Participate:
- Review the pop-up challenge below in this post and/or in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- There are two options for participating in this #NSD2023 Pop-up Challenge:
- Create a layout of your own using predominantly yellow-hued products!
- Create a layout of your own using the NSD 2023 products!
- HINT: Looking for a starting point? Scroll down to get an NSD layout idea from blog contributor Kylie Kingham, or pull up a sketch from a previous Virtual Crop or blog post!
- Snap a photo of your finished project(s) and share it in a new post in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group by Sunday, May 14, at 11:59pm CT (Australia: 15 May at 2:59pm AET) with hashtag #NSD2023 for the chance to win a prize. We’ll have 2 lucky winners!
- Winners will be announced in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group on Thursday, May 18, at noon CT.
And what can you win?
Winners will get a yellow-themed prize pack, including the Vivid Melodies Butterscotch Paper Pack and Embellishments, Canary Cardstock Pack, Botanical Burst Yellow Paper Pack and Citrus Slice Border Maker Cartridge!
NOTE: The Prize Pack will be awarded to 2 participants who complete the challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident you created a yellow-themed layout using predominantly Creative Memories products or created a layout using NSD 2023 products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, May 18, at noon CT.
I wanted to capture a sense of fun and vibrancy with the NSD 2023 products. The fruit-themed fabulousness and positive affirmations are perfect for documenting a wide variety of occasions like fun in the sun, summer vacations, family togetherness… the list goes on.
To create this layout you will need:
- NSD 2023 Customer Bundle — sold out
- The NSD 2023 Project Recipe™ Kit that Kylie used from the Customer Bundle is still available (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Canary & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Citrus Slice Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap paper
Step 1: Select a sheet of designer paper — you will see both sides of it in your layout. Trim a strip from it to measure 3” x 12”. From that strip, cut four squares to measure 3” x 3”. Cut each square in half diagonally. Set aside for the moment.
Step 2: Trim a strip of White Solid Cardstock to measure 4” x 12”. Punch down one side with the Citrus Slice Border Maker Cartridge.
Step 3: Trim a scrap piece of paper to measure 3” x 12”.
Step 4: Turn four triangles over to the opposite print and reposition them in place over the scrap paper strip in the same formation as shown in the above photo. Adhere them all securely in place with Repositionable Tape. Runner.
Step 5: Using the 12-inch Trimmer and the Straight Blade, cut the strip into (12) 1”-wide strips. As you cut each strip, position them on your 13×13 Custom Cutting System Mat back in the exact same position and pattern as they were before you started cutting.
Step 6: Adhere each strip to the cardstock strip, except swap the positions of strips numbered 1 and 3 from the photo reference above.
Step 7: Select two different designer papers. From each, cut three circles using the inside edge of the smallest Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and Green Blade. Cut each circle in half and adhere to the back of the citrus slice cut-outs with Repositionable Tape Runner. Set the border aside for now.
Step 8: Cut two strips of designer paper to measure 1-1/2” x 12” and 3/4” x 12”. Adhere these both to a contrasting sheet of designer paper with the 1-1/2” strip on the left side edge and the 3/4” strip to the right.
Step 9: Adhere the border strip next to the 1-1/2” strip with the citrus edge facing the middle of the page. Tuck a laser-cut border underneath the straight edge over the border piece.
Step 10: Add a border sticker over the top of the 3/4” strip.
Step 11: Cut photo mats from Canary Solid Cardstock to measure (1) 6” x 4” and (2) 5” x 3-1/2”.
Step 12: Trim photos to measure (1) 5-3/4” x 3-3/4” and (2) 4-3/4” x 3-1/4”.
Step 13: Add photos to the mats and adhere in place. Embellish and journal as desired.
How are you celebrating National Scrapbook Day this year? What challenge prompt will you be following for the #NSD2023 Pop-up Challenge?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 32,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!
2 thoughts on “Take On The NSD Pop-up Challenge PLUS Have A Citrus-ly Good Time Making This NSD Scrapbook Layout”
This is wonderful! I bought the NSD set when first offered. Now I know how to use it! Yea!
This is absolutely gorgeous work