As sweet summer draws to a close and nights begin to extend and cool down, leaf peepers know there is nothing to mourn — foliage season is here! And with that, a whole harvest of happiness, like visiting pumpkin patches and orchards, apple bake-offs and chili cook-offs, hayrides and more. And just like the layers of leaves in your backyard or across a hillside forest, you can add effective layers of beauty with vellum papers. Peep for yourself with this fall scrapbook layout!
To create this layout you will need:
- Autumn Harvest Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Vellum Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Foiled Embellishments — Out of stock
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares Variety Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the dark woodgrain paper as the base for the layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of maple leaves gingham paper to measure 5” x 12”. Adhere to the left edge of the layout.
Step 3: Cut two 12” x 1/4” strips from blue juniper leaves paper. Cut each strip at the 5″ mark so you are left with two 5” x 1/4” strips and two 7” x 1/4” strips. Adhere the 5” x 1/4” pieces to the top and bottom edges of the maple leaves gingham paper. Turn the 7” x 1/4” segments over and adhere to the top and bottom edges of the dark woodgrain paper.
Step 4: Using a variety of vellum paper pieces, cut the following:
- 3” x 5” strip from distressed woodgrain vellum paper
- 2-1/4” x 4-1/2” strip from blue fallen leaves vellum paper
- 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” strip from blue stripes vellum paper
- 1-3/4” x 2-1/2” strip from grid vellum paper
- 2” x 2-1/4” strip from kraft leaves vellum paper
Gently fold one end of the vellum pieces, then cut with your scissors at an angle to create the “banner” ends. Adhere these vellum strips to the bottom back side of a small vertical mat. Then, adhere the mat/vellum pieces to the top of a large mat. Adhere this whole piece to the top of the maple leaves gingham paper on the left side of the layout.
Step 5: Cut a piece of blue juniper leaves paper to measure 6-1/4” x 4-1/4”. Adhere to a large mat (6-1/2” x 4-1/2”), then adhere to the layout.
Step 6: Cut a piece of yellow birch leaves paper to measure 6-1/2” x 3-3/4”. Adhere to the top of a large journal mat. Adhere to the layout. Adhere two photos that measure 3” x 3-1/2” to the yellow birch leaves paper.
Step 7: Adhere stickers/embellishments to the layout, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 8: Journal as desired.
Have you used vellum papers before? What do you like most about this fall scrapbook layout?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 36,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!